On to the latest and greatest project. Seems like I just can't sit still

As I mentioned in my 55 tank journal, I recently aquired a 40 breeder from a friend of mine, already drilled for dual 1" drains. it was my original plan to plumb this tank into my existing system. Since my (much) better half has informed me it will be a cold day in hell before there's another tank in the den, this tank will be taking the place of my 29gal frag tank in the living room. This will be a standalone system, for which most of the hard work and equipment have already been taken care of. I had a friend of mine drill an additional 1" hole and three 3/4" holes in the tank. One of the 3/4" holes will be for a return, the other 1" hole and the other two 3/4" holes will be for a closed loop. I already have a MAG 7 and a SCWD laying around, so i thought why not, right? The 29gal frag tank will be turned into a sump. Return duties will be performed by another MAG 7. Skimming will be handled by a Deltec AP600 if ound in the shed. I'll reuse the TLF reactor from the frag tank, and use the T5s from the frag tank over the fuge portion of the sump with all daylight bulbs. I have an extra two Koralia 2s and two Maxijet 1200s laying around I can use for extra flow if needed as well. Lighting will be 2x175w halides and 2x54w T5 actinics. I'm planning a mixed reef, but I'm going to be SUPER picky about what goes in. I don't care if it's rare, or a LE coral, or if it's the newest, latest and greatest whatever out there, if it's not BRIGHT, it's not going in the tank. This doesn't have to be difficult. There are some very common corals 9zoas, in prticular) that are very bright. Of course this will necesitate getting some "high end" corals as well, but I'm not going to call this a "high end corals" tank, just a bright tank As with the 55, I'll be topping off with kalk. Since space is a bit more limited here, i may finally have to invest in a kalk stirrer. We'll see if demand goes much beyond that. If so, it'll be back to my old friend 2-part solution . Since the tank, pumps and SCQD are all filthy, I'm going to try to get the closed loop plumbed tonight and run a mild acid solution tyhrough it tonight to lean things up a bit. i still need to build a popper canopy as well, but I'm hoping to have everything in place and full of salty water sometime next week. Stay tuned for details.