Hey Guys and Gals,

So a couple months ago i decided to add some Blue Green Chromis to my tank...
So i bought 10 of them acclimate and all that good stuff and they eventually make it in my tank.

The tank is 300g so they end up splitting up in two groups, then they would all group back up and this went on for a couple day... then on like the third or 4th morning i wake up and now only have 4 Blue Green Chromis...

So i'm searching my overflow and sump and find nothing... i'm loking in the rocks closely to see if they are just hiding.... nothing!

So now i'm like where did they disappear to!

So a couple days later i'm still kinda searching the tank and decide to spend some time looking at my Rhicordia's when i see this arm reaching out! So i examine more and am like Wow, i've got a brittle star in here of some kind... hard to tell cuz i can only see the tips... 3" tips though!!!

Now mind you i didn't purchase this thing and put him in there so he definfinitly made his way in thru the live rock at some point....

So i'm Guessing this is where all my chromis disappeared to! grrr I've spent weeks trying to get a good look at this guy so i can try to I.D. him and nothing, only the tips come out in multiple sections of a Giant rock i have...

So last night after about an hour of the lights all being off i decided to give it a shot... turned on the flashlight and there he/she was!!! I can't believe this giant has been living in my tank this long without me knowing... his arms have to be 8" long and they are very thick! his body is the size of a half dollar!!!

I I.D. him as Ophiocoma alexandri Lyman 1860, Alexander's Brittle Star

Now being it is a reef tank and i'm planning on adding a lot more little fish, Goby's ect. do i need to get this moster out of my tank somehow??? is he going to continue to hide in his spot and pick off my lil fish???

I Can move him to another FOWLR tank that is setup as more of a predetor tank... And if thats the case how to i get this sucker to come out of his hiding place to catch him???

Any ideas?

thanks