First pic:
First question is about m Pulsating Xenia??? They have closed up and shrunk...it's been close to two weeks now. The only thing I can think of is when I re-did my refugium my nitrates spiked to 10-20, they have been at zero for months. Anyone else out there with the touchy little guys? I have read page after page about how sometimes they don't take, but they were in my tank for 4 months and splitting like crazy (2 stalks to 6 stalks). The only other thing is I stopped adding iodine everyday because the test kit I have(RedSea), doesn't make sense and I realy don't wanna overdose with that, does ayone use a RedSea test kit for Iodine? I only use to add 16 drops a day in 200gallon system. Now it's every other day.
october 09 064.jpg
Pic Two:
I have to say that the smallest little frag in my tank is now my favorite, Pavona. I really can't wait til it spreads and I can't believe its a stoney...very cool...which leads me to the next question..
october 09 061.jpg
Third Pic: Can anyone ID this please? I think I have a mystery coral. The place I get my corals from didn't wanna come of this piece. He said it is a rare red Pavona from Key West, but when I looked it up the red Pavona looks nothing like this. It does the same thing, an encrusting stoney coral, as Pavona, but instead of shoots (like the Gr. Pavona) it makes waves(kinda like montipora, I believe is the best reference I can think of). Anyone?
october 09 063.jpg
We have a birthday! Eight months young my tank turned...the coraline is really starting to take off. The only thing I really lack is more live rock!!! Does anyone have an "in" for cheap, good, live rock( is that an oxymoran?)
october 09 079.jpg