Thread: Vinyl pipe for plumbing

Thanks

Vinyl pipe for plumbing

Hey everyone:

Has anyone used this stuff to pumb their tank? Will the vinyl introduce anything into the water that shouldn't be there?
    Thanks
    http://drsfostersmith.com/product/Na...?N=2004+113793
    - Eddy

"Corals require an aquarium, seawater at the right temperature and salinity, waterf flow, light, food, bicarbonate/buffer, and calcium. Period. No other equipment, apparatus, magic potions, pills, voodoo, prayer, or other sacrafices are necessary." -Eric Borneman

Thanks
    i know there are many people that have used it, in fact, i think Amphibious (local plumbing expert) has made a few comments regarding it.

i personally have not used it, but im sure you will get loads of info shortly
    Show people you appreciate there advice, click the icon under there name and give them Reputation points

Thanks
    omg.. im sorry, i thought you were referring to the flexible PVC stuff...
    my mistake...

yes, this stuff i use, and MANY others do too

it works good for some, like on equipment that needs to be moved from time to time, and such.

the one downside is that if its under "light" it will grow algae in it. you can clean them, but the nice part is they can be easily and cheaply replaces since they are not glued, but clamped.
    Show people you appreciate there advice, click the icon under there name and give them Reputation points

Thanks
    I use this kind of tubing from my return in the sump back into the main display. Works fine for us....we've got the dark green one and haven't had problems with algae yet.
    Christi

Thanks
    i used that stuff for a while for my return pump. it seemed to work fine. From time to time, you need to replace it because the ends can harden and leak (every couple of years).

Thanks
    Thanks for the help!
    - Eddy

"Corals require an aquarium, seawater at the right temperature and salinity, waterf flow, light, food, bicarbonate/buffer, and calcium. Period. No other equipment, apparatus, magic potions, pills, voodoo, prayer, or other sacrafices are necessary." -Eric Borneman

Thread Information