Thread: Marine Depot BEWARE!!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks

Marine Depot BEWARE!!!!

I recently ordered the upgrade lighting for my 24 gallon nano. The HQI metal halide hood. the box arrived in some very unprofessional packing bubble wrapped with half of the box opened on one end because the light wouldnt fit. The light did not function properly! It didnt seem to be a problem with shipping! It seemed to be defective! Everything turned on with the light except for the fans! When the light would heat up the light would auto turn off due to the fans not working! I called them and requested a new one as my nano had no other light! They said they could not ship me a new one until they received the old one! Then they also informed as per their return policies I have to pay for shipping! I had to pay 38 dollars to send this item back to them! This is pathetic. I received a broken item and have to spill out 38 dollars because their product doesnt work! They have been totally uncooperative! If you do ready their return policies before you have a problem it does state that the item must be shipped back at your expense! If you have never had a return them I am sure you would think they are a good company but just keep this in mind when you order from them. Their item was about 20 dollars cheaper than anywhere else but now has cost me 20 dollars more than everywhere else. Use f&s or petsolutions

Assistant Moderator Skurvey Dog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Badger, that sounds just aweful and I can well understand your frustration. Are you certain that somehow the original packaging didn't get damaged and the shipping company did a repackage? That just doesn't sound like Marine Depot. Did you call the shipper who delivered the package to ask why it was in that condition. I can not believe an item that was packed like that would even be accepted for a delivery. I'm so sorry.

Will your voice count?
    One new reefer, another voice united with the many against ignorance and greed. Educate, influence, good stewardship, all in one accord to work together as a whole in saving our reefs.

"Get Reefy With It!"

Apprentice
    Thanks
    yes to all above. It was not repackaged this post was a little misleading. The light was in an outer box that was half way cut and the hole filled with bubble wrap. The hood was in
    Another box. I just didnt look good and for them not to pay for return shipping is obserd

Thanks
    Thanks for the info badger. Sorry you had such a messed-up experience. I've always had good service from them. But then, as you mentioned, I've never had to return anything. Before I order from them again, I will certainly be on the phone with them about that return charges issue. That really sucks!

Tom

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    That really sucks I certainly wont order from them. Thanks
    Ray or Raymond
    There is no elevator to success in marine tanks. You have to take the stairs.

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Crispy Reef Monkey **MOD** Phurst's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    That's a bummer, and I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I've ordered literally dozens of times from Marine Depot and never had any problems.
    **KEEP ME AWAY FROM SUPER GLUE ... i tend to glue my lips shut !!**

Curious Reefer
    Thanks
    I also find them to be a good company! Have ordered from them for years with NO problems!

Apprentice
    Thanks
    Yeah thats what I thought to but just be careful if you do have a return even for a defective item you do have to pay for shipping on the return!

Assistant Moderator Skurvey Dog's Avatar
    Thanks
    It is always important "Before you buy", to find out a store's policies and procedures on returns, stortages and damaged items.

Will your voice count?
    One new reefer, another voice united with the many against ignorance and greed. Educate, influence, good stewardship, all in one accord to work together as a whole in saving our reefs.

"Get Reefy With It!"

Apprentice
    Thanks
    Just an update called today and talked to a supervisor! He was no help at all. I explainded the situation and also explained the similar situation I had with f&S and f&s upgraded the shipping on the new replacement item and shipped it out right away and also sent me a return label for the damaged item! His reply was thats nice they did that but we dont. He said that was their policy and it has to be that way because they cant test the item before it leaves! The policy is online so take a look and just keep in mind before you order if it is breakable or anything heavy cause you will eat the return shipping if there is a problem

Thread Information