Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Gimmito's 450 L-shaped display

Thanks

A pic of the new rock curing. I finally got to see the H&S A110 in action...its been pulling some nasty stuff out.

Thanks

I also got a chance to install the fire rated doors w/my bud Ethan. For those of you thinking of doing a in wall tank from a living room to the garage, you must maintain a 1-2 hour fire rated door in the garage ....and it ain't cheap.

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    Lookin good!

Thanks

I finally got to replumbing the copper to schedule 80 outlet for my Kold Filter System.

Thanks

I started plumbing the qt. I'm using a Eheim 1260 with about 6 feet of head to the top of the tank. I'm teeing off the pump to feed the H&S skimmer and was planning to tee off for the uv sterilizer. I could place the uv sterilizer above the sump or up right before the first inlet. Any thoughts or should I just scrap the uv sterilizer idea ?

Thanks

This pic gives a little better idea where I would plumb the uv sterilizer (top left).

Thanks

I bought a couple of 1" Sea Swirls for the frag tank. I'm using a Eheim 1262 for the return. I'll be teeing off the pump to feed the H&S skimmer also. I'm debating whether to hard plumb the Sea Swirls or use grey spa flex...any thoughts ?

Thanks

My buddy Ethan finished installing the FRP. You'll notice three 1" holes on the top left for the inlet/outlet for the 40 gallon fuge. I'm also using uniseals to cover up any holes I make as well to help keep the resonance at bay. I have an extra hole in case I add something else down the line.

Thanks

I was off today and went to Aquarium Showroom to pickup a bigger sump for my frag tank. Max had a roughly 50 gallons used eco system sump for sale. I dropped it off at Gen's to patch a bulkhead and give it some elbow grease. I met Jose (Blue Voodoo) and shot the breeze until Gen got back (cool guy). I also picked up 2 Lumenmax Elite reflectors at Aquarium Showroom for the frag tank. I hope to get Gen to make a rack for the FT also.

Thanks

Since I was off I got to work on the tanks a bit. The used spa flex to hookup the sea swirls on the FT. The QT is basically done and I hope to do a water test in a few days.

Thanks

Front shot. I decided to scrap the uv sterilizer for now and I need Gen to make some lids for the top tank.

Thanks

Shot of sump. The teed off 1/2" ballvalve will feed the H&S A110/F2000 skimmer. I'm debating whether to use a Eheim 1250 or 2000 for the BRS bio pellet reactor.

Thanks

I installed 3/4" loc lines w/a flare nozzle. It also has a small ballvalve to dial in flow.

Thanks
    i cant wait until the system is up and running! this is an amazing build and i am insanely jealous.
    we are all on the long road to our dream tanks, im going slow and enjoying the journey!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Looking great!

Thanks
    I bought a Flip and thought I would shoot some video of me water testing the QT.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thats really nice!
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    Thanks for the video. That's allot of plumbing,good job! You've come along ways sine you first bought those QT tanks. the water level in the sump looks a little high. Have you tried unplugging the return pump from power to check for an over flow?

Thanks
    Good eye Corey !

The water level is a bit on the high side as the water drains in the sump. I still need to test the skimmer running in the sump (it's in the rubbermaid vat w/the lr right now) as well as add some airline hose in the loc-line returns to quite the "gurgling sound." Gen came over to drop off the eco-system sump for the FT I picked up at local lfs (it roughly 45 gallons and gives me more room for the equipment and overall volume of water for the FT). Gen also measured for the light racks for the FT and MD and my lights should be coming in next week. I'm still deciding on a pulley system or actuator to ease the moving of the light racks. I'm also debating on what se bulbs to get. Tony Vargas suggested getting giesemann 14K se bulbs...so I'm looking into those.

I'm waiting for my BRS order to come in so I can finish plumbing the FT and Main Display...hopefully I'll have more pics and a video next week.

Thanks
    C'mon Jim...get this fish store up and running already...I'll be your first customer!

Seriously, you have enough quarantine bins to be a fish store...

Gotta love BRS. I get most of my supplies there, including 2-part kits. Got a couple of BRS dosing pumps for my 55g so I could spread out the Ca/Alk additions. Very nicely made Italian pumps.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rroselavy View Post
    C'mon Jim...get this fish store up and running already...I'll be your first customer!

Seriously, you have enough quarantine bins to be a fish store....

Quote Originally Posted by rroselavy View Post
    Gotta love BRS. I get most of my supplies there, including 2-part kits. Got a couple of BRS dosing pumps for my 55g so I could spread out the Ca/Alk additions. Very nicely made Italian pumps.
    I love BRS also...Brandon is a great help whenever I need something. I was thinking of going the Bubble Magus route for dosing 2 part then eventually switching over to a custom made Aqua C calcium reactor. Jason the owner gives great customer service.

How's your tank doing ?

Thanks
    I examined the BM triple dosing pump at the RAP show a few weeks ago. Seemed built well enough, and many people like them, but much less hefty (for a triple doser) than I was expecting. No conclusions there, but made me wonder how sturdy/diminitive the pumps are inside. The BRS dosers are heavier, but that may all be the casing. Also, the BM tubing connectors are very tiny, requiring small zip ties or something to keep them attached reliably. I guess you use 1/8" tubing with the BM doser. The BRS dosers have built in screw clamp that holds the 1/4"(or is it 3/16"?) tubing extremely well. They also have a sturdy french-cleat style wall bracket so you do not need a shelf to sit the doser on. Either product probably works just fine...I am just paranoid that the electronics in the BM may fail after a while of use...

My tanks fine, thanks. I am now waging war on my hitchhiking soft corals that have taken over 30% of the tank. I haven't bought any corals in quite a while... letting things grow out. With my Ca and Alk dosing, I have a green slimer that is growing like gangbusters...I have to frag it soon. My clam also is getting much bigger...I am still thinking of starting over and converting the tank to bare bottom though...

Thanks

I had a few days off this week, so I got a chance to finish plumbing the frag tank.

Gen gave a little elbow grease to the 45 gal eco-system sump I got from Max at Aquarium Showroom. It gives me about 15 more gallons than the old one, not to mention more room for the skimmer and I can throw some live rock in the in let chamber.

Thanks

I'm running a Eheim 1262 for the return pump. From there I tee'd off to feed the H&S A150 skimmer and then it goes to another tee to feed the two 1" Sea Swirls.

Thanks

I also got a chance to start plumbing the Main Display. I'm using a Sequence Hammerhead as my return and it sits on some neoprene pads I got from BRS. From there I'm tee'd off for a future Deltec Eco Cooler, check valve, 3/4" tee for H&S A250 skimmer, 1/2" tee for BRS jumbor reactor. Other possible additions will be a Avast Swabbie, Davey Jones locker (for skim mate), & I'm looking into their large media reactor (bio pellets ?).

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information