Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Raymonds 60 gallon tank

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks Carmie I like that pic to if only it was a better pic it would have been great.
    Ray or Raymond
    There is no elevator to success in marine tanks. You have to take the stairs.

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    It shows his personality I think. Shooting through glass and water is hard. You have a good eye for photography and you'll develop the technique!
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yep it takes practice and a better camera lol
    Ray or Raymond

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Assistant Moderator Skurvey Dog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Give it time Lil Brother and your tank photography will look as great as the other photos that you shoot! It's also like Dick always says, takes 100s of shots and we're only pleased with a handful!

Will your voice count?
    One new reefer, another voice united with the many against ignorance and greed. Educate, influence, good stewardship, all in one accord to work together as a whole in saving our reefs.

"Get Reefy With It!"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks big sis.
    Ray or Raymond

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I thought I would post a video of my firefish that way you can get a better look at him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4miXMWA2g4]YouTube - My new firefish goby at feeding time[/ame]
    Ray or Raymond

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    He looks great Raymond!
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    Yes, I really liked that and the music was a perfect choice! I think he has the magical touch of the fae in him. An under water ballet!

Will your voice count?
    One new reefer, another voice united with the many against ignorance and greed. Educate, influence, good stewardship, all in one accord to work together as a whole in saving our reefs.

"Get Reefy With It!"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks Lori I spent an hour searching for music for this vid and I liked this one the best he truly is a bullet. lol
    Ray or Raymond

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    That's really cool, Raymond. Thanks!
    Amphibious

Good Luck comes to those who research and prepare.

Our Talking Reef Forum The Cultured Reef Forum
    My tank journal Amphibious' 135 mixed reef.
    The Cutured Reef toll free number - 888 745-0449

Amblyeleotris randalli commonly, Randall's Goby.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Update

Hi everyone its been awhile since I last updated. Well this Monday When I came home from the mountains I found my firefish dead he was crushed under a loose rock that I was sure I checked to make sure it wasn't loose. So I took him out and cleaned the tank. Then yesterday my dad said that he wanted to go to the LFS and look at stuff so I asked to wait for a bit so I could check my parameters and everything was fine so I added a couple frags that I found at the LFS. The first picture is a torch coral and the second one is a hairy mushroom with a small purple mushroom attached with it. I got both for $18.00 each. I am so excited these are my first corals and they are looking great except the purple shroom he still looks shocked but it looks like hes going to make it. Here some eye candy.

Ray or Raymond

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    Sorry about your firefish Raymond. Love the torch, great price too.

Thanks
    I am sorry to hear about the fire fish. It's so discouraging sometimes when we are so careful and do all the right things and then something out of our control happens like this.

I'm excited about the new corals for you Lil Brother! I like both of them, but of course you knew I would like the hairy mushroom best of all. They are really beautiful close up. I am so glad that your Pop wants to be involved with your tank. You are very fortunate. Just make sure that you don't let him talk you into a specimen that might not do well in your DT! J/K I know you will keep your one good eye on him.

Will your voice count?

"Get Reefy With It!"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CarmieJo View Post
    Raymond, actually the actinic bulbs are mostly for our pleasure and provide very little in the way of PAR.
    With the minimal bulbs its better to go with a combo bulb like the Geisseman Powerchrome Actinic Plus or ATI Blue Plus, you get the color and a higher par. Definitely recommend that.

Here is a list of common T5 lamps and the par readings to give you an example:

tfivetesting - PAR

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skurvey Dog View Post
    I am sorry to hear about the fire fish. It's so discouraging sometimes when we are so careful and do all the right things and then something out of our control happens like this.

I'm excited about the new corals for you Lil Brother! I like both of them, but of course you knew I would like the hairy mushroom best of all. They are really beautiful close up. I am so glad that your Pop wants to be involved with your tank. You are very fortunate. Just make sure that you don't let him talk you into a specimen that might not do well in your DT! J/K I know you will keep your one good eye on him.
    Thanks Big sister I knew you would of like the hairy shroom.

Yea I was pretty bummed when I saw him floating around but things like that happen I just got to learn from my mistakes and try to keep my tank as healthy as I can. But my family and I are really into this tank we normally go to the LFS once a week and look at things I could get for my tank or cant get for my tank. The funny thing is my dad is really good at picking out all the tangs in the store. He gets so excited calling me over asking if I could get the fish in my tank and I just laugh and say its a tang and he gets all mad and say "how come I always pic the tangs and fish that aren't right for your tank" Its really funny but we have a great time at the store then we watch the tank for about an hour talking about what we are going to get next it is great we have actually come closer due to this tank. This truly is a great hobby.

Brian, Thanks for the list on T5's it helps out a lot.
    Ray or Raymond

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Raymond, sorry about your firefish.

The corals look great!
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Thanks
    Once you get down to it, the bulb prices aren't too far off. Plus I'd say you can easily go 18mos on the bulbs without replacing them unless you are overdriving your bulbs with an Icecap ballast.

My friend hooked me up with one of the KZ Coral Lights which has the most PAR out of any of the 10,000Ks plus a pair of older UVL 12,000K Actinic Whites. I really like the color and am getting great flourescing in the greens and am pushing a lot of PAR. Have had some corals not do too good. Can't keep the smooth skin deep water corals like the Lokani. Just paled up. On the other hand, am getting some SPS coloring up good that was brown under MH's.

PS - Sorry about the firefish. I went through four sixlines losing one in a pump accident and two within 48 hours of purchase. I was devastated but finally got a healthy one an he's the fattest sixline I've ever seen. I guess I overfeed

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks Carmie and Bryan.

Brian, Have you tried putting the smooth skinned corals closer to the light on the highest peak to see if they survived.
    Ray or Raymond

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    well, congrats on the utube segment, & bummer on the loss bud.

looking good little dude. keep it up

Vquilibrium Productions

Thanks
    Oh yeah and under 6x54W T5, 4" from the surface and dead center Just one of those things. There are so many variables in the hobby and corals can be tempermental to say the least Of course I'm an addict so I'll try again down the road until I can do it LOL

Blog Entries
    Thanks

A much needed update

Well after my torch died mysteriously my tank did pretty good and so did my remaining coral the hairy mushroom. Then one day he got all droopy and soon about a week after started melting away then was gone all together it disappointed me a lot and I didn't want to buy anything more no fish, cuc or coral until I figured it out. Then I took my water to the LFS and had him test it and I found out I had a ammonia spike which probably caused them to dye so I bought a new test kit and fixed it. Now a month later all my parameters are perfect and I went out and got a new coral I think its called a cup coral (I will post pics later) and I also got some cheato which was needed to take some of my small remaining phosphates out of my tank. Soon I am going to do a DIY T5 light fixture that I will show you guys that me and my dad will be making so I can get some of the extrema high light corals. So that's it for now I will also get a FTS later on with the new coral. Thanks
    Ray or Raymond

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Pics of corals and FTS

Green Cup Coral

Update full tank shot

Ray or Raymond

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Good detective work Raymond!
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    the tank look's great.

lance
    http://s704.photobucket.com/albums/ww49/lancelesko/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CoralMan24
    www.marinebreeder.org

Quarantine quarantine quarantine your tank's will thank you and so will your corals u'll also avoid a lot of aggravation with pests, predators, or disease's that come on coral's or live rock or fish

Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your past troubles Lil Brother. Good thinking on your part in problem solving. I like your new baby and hope it does well. I know you are excited about getting the new lighting started! I am proud of your maturity and patience when working with your system.

Will your voice count?

"Get Reefy With It!"

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information