Thread: Coral ID

Thanks

Coral ID

I'm not sure on the correct names to these. Anyone know?

Coral #1

Coral #2

Coral #3

Coral #4

Coral #5

Coral #6
    PJ

Check out our Build Thread Click Here!

SPS Reefer / TR Admin lReef lKeeper's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    all zoanthids ... if you want common names like Nuclear Greens ... you are gonna have to go to CoralPedia.com! :: The definitive repository for named Corals! and possibly submit them to be able to sell them as that particular zoa. pretty much everyone that is looking for "named" zoas ... uses zoaID for the names.
    lReef lKeeper (Bobby) Admin and Reefer

Water ...
    Custom 4x2x1 60 gallon, 40B sump

Equipment ...
    6x54w HO T5 fixture, 300+g rated Frankenskimmer, ATO, 3 Media Reactors (1 p04, 1 N03, 1 Carbon)

www.lmas.org

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    We commoners get all worked up over, well, common names. They are what they are, a color variety of Zoanthid. If you don't know of a particular common name, then, on your retail web site, call them what you'd like and start a new craze. People that buy them from you will begin calling them what you call them and send you their friends who will have to have some of "Brand Name X". All common names get "fragged" anyway. Take the common names given to Amphiprion ocellaris, "false percula clown fish", "Nemo clown fish", "Black clown fish", "Picasso Clown fish" "Snowflake Clown fish", to name a few and "Ocellaris Clown Fish" (the only correct common name, EXCEPT for the color variants). All are variants of A. ocellaris.

And, that's what we have going on with the Zoanthid family, color variants of the same theme. If you want to "name" them, make up something fancy, catchy or cool and create the next phenomena.
    Amphibious

Good Luck comes to those who research and prepare.

Our Talking Reef Forum The Cultured Reef Forum
    My tank journal Amphibious' 135 mixed reef.
    The Cutured Reef toll free number - 888 745-0449

Amblyeleotris randalli commonly, Randall's Goby.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphibious View Post
    We commoners get all worked up over, well, common names. They are what they are, a color variety of Zoanthid. If you don't know of a particular common name, then, on your retail web site, call them what you'd like and start a new craze. People that buy them from you will begin calling them what you call them and send you their friends who will have to have some of "Brand Name X". All common names get "fragged" anyway. Take the common names given to Amphiprion ocellaris, "false percula clown fish", "Nemo clown fish", "Black clown fish", "Picasso Clown fish" "Snowflake Clown fish", to name a few and "Ocellaris Clown Fish" (the only correct common name, EXCEPT for the color variants). All are variants of A. ocellaris.

And, that's what we have going on with the Zoanthid family, color variants of the same theme. If you want to "name" them, make up something fancy, catchy or cool and create the next phenomena.
    You mean those names are all made up. Good grief i feel dumb
    PJ

Thanks
    Well i found coral #1 looks similer to Green People Eaters. and Coral #5 +6 look like Devils Armor. The other three i haven't found. Hmm what to call them. How about TR specials
    PJ

Thanks
    Coral #2 looks like Wagon Wheels Coral #4 looks like Star fire and coral #3 kinda looks like Reverse Gorilla Nipples. Im laughing so hard. That is the coolest name ever!
    PJ

Crispy Reef Monkey **MOD** Phurst's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The first ones are definitely not GPEs. They lack the fluorescent green mouth common to all "people eaters". The last two are similar to Devils Armor, but there are some definite differences. I'd go with Dick's suggestion here and name them yourself. Better that than having an angry customer because your zoa doesn't look "exactly" like the one on zoaid.
    **KEEP ME AWAY FROM SUPER GLUE ... i tend to glue my lips shut !!**

Thanks
    The mouths look alot greener in the tank. Actually the whole polyp looks darker in color in the tank.
    PJ

Apprentice
    Thanks
    Coral #2 looks like Wagon Wheels Coral #4 looks like Star fire and coral #3 kinda looks like Reverse Gorilla Nipples. Im laughing so hard. That is the coolest name ever!

The first ones are definitely not GPEs. They lack the fluorescent green mouth common to all "people eaters". The last two are similar to Devils Armor, but there are some definite differences

THis is too funny, but I am embarassed to say I don't know what parts are real, and what you are kidding about! (you are kidding, right?) people eaters, gorilla nipples, really????? LOL

Thread Information