Thread: Hey Come to IMAC

Curious Reefer
    Thanks

Talking Hey Come to IMAC

Hi All;

Well, it has been my great pleasure for 6 years to offer IMAC to the community, but now it is time for me to step down for health reasons, after this year.

I hope you can join us in Chicago May 30, 31 and June 1 so I can get together with you one last time. I think we have a very good conference lined up for you as my farewell gift. Here are the Speakers:

Dr. Sanjay Joshi: "Reef Lighting"
    Dr. Ron Shimek (2 presentations): "Currents & Feeding Corals" and "It’s Not As Bad As We Thought; It Is Far Worse"
    Frank Burr: "Self-sustaining Marine Biospheres"
    Matt Pedersen: "Fish Breeding"
    Scott Fellman: "Marine Biotope Aquariums: Taking Inspirations From Nature"
    Adam Cesnales: "Form Meets Function: Designing Your Refugium to Work Harder"
    Jake Adams: "Fluid Dynamics for the Reef Aquarium"
    John Coppolino: "Rare Angels"
    Dr. Adelaide Rhodes: "Frontiers in Fish Growing - Newest Technologies in Aquaculture that can help the Hobbyist"
    James Fatheree: "Tridnacnid Clams – Diversity and Lighting Needs"
    Tony Vargas: "Tubbataha – Unexpected Paradise"
    Tim Hayes : "How to Be A Better Reefkeeper"
    Allen LaPointe: "Water Quality Monitoring and Data Interpretation"
    Tullio Dell Aquila: "Full Spectrum LED Systems for Aquariums and Aquaculture Use"
    Tom Frakes (Banquet Speaker): "Global Warming: Reef Tanks and the World"
    Robert "Bob" Fenner: "Mixed Reef Livestocking: Techniques and Approaches for Avoiding & Reducing Allelopathogenic Effects"

In addition, we will have a Great Trade Show, a Speakers’ Reception, a "behind-the-scenes" Tour of the Shedd Aquarium and a Gala Banquet. For those of you who can only attend a day or two, we have posted a Program Schedule.

Since many of you have attended more than one IMAC, I have gotten to know many of you personally. That has been a very pleasant experience for me and I will certainly miss seeing you every year. I Thank You for your continued support and I wish you continued success in your Reefkeeping efforts. I just hope that IMAC may have played some small role in your success. I know I have benefited greatly from listening to all the fantastic Speakers (I’m so busy I don’t have time to see them live but that’s why we videotape them).

I hope I will have one more chance to see you. Please get over to International Marine Aquarium Conference (IMAC) - Main Index and sign up today! We have just added some great new Registration options! BTW, we have FREE videos of some previous IMAC speakers' IMAC presentations available on the IMAC home page you can see in streaming form.

Thanks for All the Great IMAC Years,
    Dennis
    Last edited by JustDavidP; 04-08-2008 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks
    Dennis, We've never met, but I do know a lot about what you've done for the hobbyist community. I truly hope IMAC is a grand one this year. I wish you all the best.

I'm also going to edit your post above, to make the font larger, and to make it a sticky for our site.

David
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. >((((º>

"Fins to the left...Fins to the Right, I'm going home to play with my reef tonight..."

If you're looking for me, and I'm MIA from the board, email me at JustDavidP (at) gmail (dot) com.

Experience in aquaria, 37 years. Experience in marine, 22+ years. Experience in Reef Keeping, 8 years. Always a newbie!

Curious Reefer
    Thanks

Talking Imac

Thanks David, I appreciate that. Now, if we can just get a banner message like MACNA XX has at the top of the Message Board we would be in great shape. Do you know how we might do that?

Thanks,

Dennis

Thanks
    Let me speak with Rob. I'll keep this "Stuck" until after the event, and then free it up in the forum thereafter. But let me talk to the Web-guru about a banner.

Dave

"Fins to the left...Fins to the Right, I'm going home to play with my reef tonight..."

If you're looking for me, and I'm MIA from the board, email me at JustDavidP (at) gmail (dot) com.

Experience in aquaria, 37 years. Experience in marine, 22+ years. Experience in Reef Keeping, 8 years. Always a newbie!

Thanks
    Folks,

I'd like to add here that although I've not been able to attend, people have told me that IMAC is a great opportunity for the hobbyist. I've understood it to be a little more "intimate" than the larger trade shows in any hobby. As you can see in Mr. Gallagher's post above, there is a wonderful line up in store.

IMAC did NOT have a good showing in Vegas. However, they've been nothing short of spectacular in good ol' Chi-town. Don't wait if you think you may be interested, or you may be sorry.

It's a great time to catch up with like minded folks and take in this great part of the US. Take in the Art Institute, Wrigley Field, The Museum of Science and Industry, Lincoln Park Zoo, John Hancock Observatory, the Sears Tower Viewing Deck, or just fill your belly at Mike Ditka's!!

If you go, you are officially requested to create a thread here, and keep us poor folks, who can't go, posted on the happenings.

Dave

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    If I still lived in the mid-west you know I'd be there!
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Curious Reefer
    Thanks

Imac

I know Carmie. But you are here in spirit. The rest of you can still come though.

Cheers,

Dennis

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    If you are within a day's drive you should definitely go!
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Grand Master Reefer Seahorsedreams's Avatar
    Thanks
    David... the Vegas one was cancelled... it never happened.
    Renee

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahorsedreams View Post
    David... the Vegas one was cancelled... it never happened.
    Yeah...that's kinda what I was eluding to In any case, there was good reason and I just didn't want to "drop that bomb" again. It tends to scare people, which was exactly what happened in Vegas.

Again, In Chi-town, it's been successful.

Dave

Grand Master Reefer Seahorsedreams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Why is it being posted in some forums that this is the last IMAC... not that's it last IMAC for for Degall?
    Renee

Thread Information