Okay folks...

I need your "collective wisdom". I'm participating in a thread on another forum where the topic of water flow for seahorses has come up. I will admit that I'm no expert, but I've been very successful at keeping H. Reidi.

One (now two) of the posting parties have stated, and I quote: "I have to disagree that 'horses require lower flow systems....However, many people seem to think that 5x tank size is appropriate - in my experience, 'horses prefer much higher flow rates, in the 20-30x range."

20-30 !!!??? Did I miss some new scientific breakthrough that I was not aware of? What's worse, is the thread is about keeping Hippocampus zosterae!! They'd become "marine buckshot" in that system....correct? Now, keep in mind that the response above pertained to the poster's Comes or Erectus, I forget, but again, isn't that too much flow for a seahorse system?

I am always the first to admit that I can only keep learning...get better at providing the right environment for my charges...but this seems like potentially harmful misinformation to me. That is something I can't deal with.

Whats your take???

Dave