Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Talkingreef Live (TRL)

Thanks

Talkingreef Live (TRL)

Hello all,
    Over the years of doing The Talkingreef podcast, one request that kept popping up was the request to have a live call in show. Well we're going to give it a try..

Introducing Talkingreef Live (TRL)
    Talkingreef Live will be a live show hosted by myself and Bobby (IReef_IKeeper) and with assitantce and support from Carmie (CarmieJo). It will take place every other Sunday night at 8:00 PM EST (frequency and time not in stone yet) along side the regular Talkingreef Chat. During this show Bobby (IReef_IKeeper) and I will will take your questions, or discuss your topics. You can present questions, or bring up ideas for discussion and we can talk about them and let the audience ring in with their thoughts on the topic. If successful we are planning to do special talk nights with various industry experts, giving you the chance to join us live and ask your question.

During the show, while listening you, will be in a chat room live with everyone. You can present your topics or questions, get added to the queue, join the show, or just hang out and chat with everyone while listening. The shows will be recorded and released as a Talkingreef Live Podcast. These shows will go out in the existing Podcast feed, so everyone will have the chance to listen to them.

There is only one catch. This project is launching on a trial basis. In order for this to be successful we need YOUR participation. Make sure you spread there word and rally all your friends. Without your participation, this show can not succeed.
    During this trial period, the team will evaluate the show quality and listener participation to make sure its a valuable resource for everyone.

The first show will be held tomorrow night (9/23/07). This show will be VERY experimental, and may not even get released on the public podcast feed. The idea for this show is to give everyone an idea how the system will work, and let us get an idea how to properly run things.

The show will be hosted at Talkshoe. Make sure you head over there to sign up for a free account. To participate, you can call in from a regular phone (long distance charges may apply), using a VOIP client like Skype or Gizmo Prject, or using the built in ShoePhone client that comes with Talkshoe (all free).
    Show people you appreciate there advice, click the icon under there name and give them Reputation points

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    This is going to be great!
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

SPS Reefer / TR Admin lReef lKeeper's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    ^^^ what she said !! this is gonna be great !!
    lReef lKeeper (Bobby) Admin and Reefer

Water ...
    Custom 4x2x1 60 gallon, 40B sump

Equipment ...
    6x54w HO T5 fixture, 300+g rated Frankenskimmer, ATO, 3 Media Reactors (1 p04, 1 N03, 1 Carbon)

www.lmas.org

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    Looks like fun. I'm signed up, downloaded, and ready to go!
    Gwen - 2008 Atlanta Reef Club Board
    MACNA XX Committee
    125g RR AGA "The Simple Reef Tank"

Curious Reefer
    Thanks

Earlier Next time

Hi,

Can we time it earlier next time so Europe can join in, I think this will be around 1am in the morning and with work the next day, its a bit of a problem.

Good Luck.

Dave Munich Germany

Thanks
    I downloaded the program and signed up. Can't wait for it! Thanks for the invite Rob.
    Clarence
    55g sumpless mixed reef(soon to be 120g)
    DSB(2 to 6 inches)aprox. 80 lbs,LR aprox. 60 t0 80 lbs.,Coralife 220 Protein Skimmer,CPR HOB Refugium with Fiji Mud
    Member of SDMAS
    RIP Sarracino Ciro 12/16/04 - 4/3/08

Thanks
    It would be impossible to cover all time zones. But maybe the time (even day) could change each week. Then different folks with different schedules could chime in. Over several episodes, you would hear from more reefers and get more of a world reefing perspective.

Thanks
    yes, timing it would be quite difficult, if we go too much earlier will then not get the folks in the east like china, japan, Thailand, Australia, etc.

let see how successful this becomes and maybe we can find a way to vary the times or something.
    but this presents issues in itself, if the times are always varied then people will not be able to get familiar and used to a time causing many to miss the show because they forgot and don't know the new time. it also presents the issue that early sunday morning many people are busy with church and family events etc..
    let see what we can do to make it a win for everyone, until then we will do the best we can..
    Show people you appreciate there advice, click the icon under there name and give them Reputation points

Thanks
    Lets see what happens tonight. If we can get a good group together and get some call ins then the idea can move on. But we can still plan ahead right?

Maybe we can put multiple groups together for each region? If maybe some people in Europe and Asia would like to volunteer to host the shows we could do it. That would be cool to have the different perspectives from the 3 different regions. Just a thought.
    Clarence
    DSB(2 to 6 inches)aprox. 80 lbs,LR aprox. 60 t0 80 lbs.,Coralife 220 Protein Skimmer,CPR HOB Refugium with Fiji Mud
    Member of SDMAS

Thanks
    thats an idea i was considering as well, have another group that does shows for the other time zone groups.
    since this TRL will be every other week, then maybe the new one can be alternating weeks.
    either way, we ned to get this one off the ground and going well, then we can start planning next steps..

Thanks
    Heh... should do a special 4:00am "Night Viewers" live episode at some point, for the people who keep a pillow and a red flashlight next to their sump.
    Lucas "Doctor" Thompson

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Amphibious has entered the realm of Talkshoe.
    Amphibious

Good Luck comes to those who research and prepare.

Our Talking Reef Forum The Cultured Reef Forum
    My tank journal Amphibious' 135 mixed reef.
    The Cutured Reef toll free number - 888 745-0449

Amblyeleotris randalli commonly, Randall's Goby.

Thanks
    I have joined also. Looking forward to it tonight.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorthompson View Post
    Heh... should do a special 4:00am "Night Viewers" live episode at some point, for the people who keep a pillow and a red flashlight next to their sump.
    That sounds like me! Only you forgot the can of some kind of energy drink or some other type of liquid caffeine.
    Clarence
    Member of SDMAS

Thanks
    ok, and just a reminder, please come prepared with a question or topic if you can..
    you are all more than welcome to join to just listen, but since this is the first show, getting some help with topics and discussion would be much appreciated.

Thank you all for signing up and preparing for tonight, i have also received a few e-mails from people that are signing up so hopefully we get a good turn out tonight

Also, since this is the first episode, we will likely not start recording right at 8:00 EST. we will probably take a bit to get everyone situation and comfortable with the process..

Thanks
    OK!, I am in. This will be fun!

SPS Reefer / TR Admin lReef lKeeper's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inet-projects View Post
    Hi,

Can we time it earlier next time so Europe can join in, I think this will be around 1am in the morning and with work the next day, its a bit of a problem.

Good Luck.

Dave Munich Germany
    i make rounds to a few forums, and this has also been suggested on a couple of them. i think that if the show does as well as we are hoping that we will HAVE to accomodate everyone sooner that later.
    lReef lKeeper (Bobby) Admin and Reefer

Water ...
    Custom 4x2x1 60 gallon, 40B sump

Equipment ...
    6x54w HO T5 fixture, 300+g rated Frankenskimmer, ATO, 3 Media Reactors (1 p04, 1 N03, 1 Carbon)

www.lmas.org

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lReef lKeeper View Post
    i make rounds to a few forums, and this has also been suggested on a couple of them. i think that if the show does as well as we are hoping that we will HAVE to accomodate everyone sooner that later.
    IMO, this would be a good problem to have..

Curious Reefer
    Thanks

Good Luck All

Good Luck All, It looks like a good night for pump cleaning

Thanks
    Congrats Rob. I think the first Talking Reef Live was a successful experiment.
    I'm very happy that I was able to be a part of it. Certainly worth staying up late for.

Cheers,
    Enrique
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Life is just a tire swing.
    J.Buffet

ArrecifeMadrid

I keep a 100AGA SPS dominated reef. Lighting is 250W MH in a Lumenarc-III reflector and IceCap ballasts,
    Tunze electronic & stream pumps, Deltec electronic return pump,
    Bubble King skimmer, Deltec CaRx and ZEOvit reactor. Running since March 05

Link to my tank page on My Blog ArrecifeMadrid.com

Thanks
    Good Luck All, It looks like a good night for pump cleaning
    That's funny.
    I cleaned all my electrodes, changed the filters on my RO/DI units and finished tuning the installation my new Kati Ani unit.

If I hadn't cleaned my pumps a couple of weeks ago that's possibley what I would have been doing.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Life is just a tire swing.
    J.Buffet

ArrecifeMadrid

I keep a 100AGA SPS dominated reef. Lighting is 250W MH in a Lumenarc-III reflector and IceCap ballasts,
    Tunze electronic & stream pumps, Deltec electronic return pump,
    Bubble King skimmer, Deltec CaRx and ZEOvit reactor. Running since March 05

Link to my tank page on My Blog ArrecifeMadrid.com

Thanks
    thank you for staying up with us, yes i think it was successful.

i know i learned a lot and hopefully the next show on October 7th will be even better.

it looks like this show will be released, give be a day or so to clean it up and everyone will be able to download it.

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    thats an idea i was considering as well, have another group that does shows for the other time zone groups.
    since this TRL will be every other week, then maybe the new one can be alternating weeks.
    either way, we ned to get this one off the ground and going well, then we can start planning next steps..

ladies & gentlemen, the seat belt sign is flashing "human confinment", smoking signs are switched on, keep your major anatomy inside the plane at all times, because the V-Oz ratings have a habbit of shearing them clean off.

Join me with a star studded cast of over paid, over weight drink spiked professional nobodies as we di-sect the reefing hobby, only to find all these chemicals cant even make a simple beer! Next Thursday first epp goes to air, coinly named "The Island - My Island!" Muhahaha*cough*haha!

Rob, i missed your show, damn weekenders, see what happens when i dont log in, cant turn your attention for a second people, too much can happen!
    Congrats guys, hope it continues, wow, you smell that *sniff* smells like BIG SMOKE!

Vquilibrium Productions

Curious Reefer
    Thanks
    Rob,

Thanks for pulling this together last night, had to go early due to that darn work thing we have to do but it was nice to see so many reefers online at once.

Regards

Dave

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Rob,

Thanks for pulling this together last night, had to go early due to that darn work thing we have to do but it was nice to see so many reefers online at once.

Regards

Dave

Dont worry, im closer in my efforts to nail that dood hardcore that created the term "Work"

Vquilibrium Productions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information