Thread: couple of questions about spawning 'em....

Expert Reefer
    Thanks

Question couple of questions about spawning 'em....

i have a true percula and an ocellaris clown. i have a feeling the true perc. is the male, and the ocellaris is the female..cause she is slightly bigger than he is.

now. would it be possible to breed these 2 togehter? cause when i watch them in the tank, they are always next to eachother and they are never far apart. they sleep togehter near my hammer coral..and they even chase eachother around at times. is this a sign of a good pair?

also, i have a 16g bowfront. other inhabitants include 2 damsels, a baby lionfish(which is actually smaller than my clownfish...hees so cute!) a blenny, puffer and a not so large eel...none of which harass the clowns. all of my tankmates seem to get along with eachother...even the puffer.. i keep him well fed and he leaves everyone alone. same with the eel, the only thing living in my tank that he has eaten was a cleaner shrimp when i first introduced him to the tank...the shrimp was small enough for his mouth so i guess he felt that he would enjoy a $25 snack. lol

so anyway...i keep all my conditions good in the tank, the ph stays at a constant 8.2, the ammonia is at 0 no nitrates, and im getting rid of my nitrites currently..while also battling an ich problem. would it be possible for these clowns to breed in this tank? or is it too small for them? im also going to get a 55 which everyone but the eel and the puffer are going in. if they do not breed in the 16, will they def. have more of a chance in the 55? any suggestions on how to make them breed easier? what is the minimum tank size for a clownfish to be able to breed? or will the 55 be sufficient enough? cause i know clowns and seahorses are some of the easiest to breed in captivity having the right conditions...next to snails...lol

plz help me out herre...maybe throw some advice my way.

thanks.

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    oh and also....if i wait till i get the new 55 and they do happen to start spawning, is it possible to raise the babies in the sump? since i do not have the space or funds to start up another tank just for that?

i know its an odd question, but maybe its worth trying...i dont know exactly how sumps work...but i heard u can keep fish in them....lol

Thread Information