Thread: A Found Clown

Curious Reefer
    Thanks

A Found Clown

I have a pair or clarkii clowns. They are my original two fish. In July one went missing. It happened before but it came back within a few days so I didn't think too much of it at first. But this time it never came back and was presumed dead. Well, today I was cleaning some algae out of the overflow box and there it was, the missing fish, swimming around inside the overflow.

It had been there for 3 months. I know I looked there for it, and even have done similar algae removal, but never saw it. I feel like an idiot, but a happy idiot.

Anyway, it is now back home in the tank, becoming re-acquainted with old friends.

Now, if I could just find my missing emerald crab...

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    What a great surprise!
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    W00 H00!!! That's so awesome!

I had a pair of skunk clowns who were being hosted in my big sarcophyton. Unfortunately, they went missing one day and I never saw them again until I went to vacuum up all the dustbunnies behind my old tank. There they were, all dried up and covered in dust. I was so devistated. I loved these fish. There must have been a big bang or something that made the both of them jump out at the same time (or so I assume). My sarco was pretty big and it's head was up near the top, so the fish didn't have too far to go to jump out.

So I'm soooooo glad you found your little clown! Phew!

Thanks
    I wouldn't be surprised if your emerald crab is in there! I forgot I had one for about two years! I never saw a molt or anything, then there it was. Check the tank at night with a flashlight, it may still be around.

Crispy Reef Monkey **MOD** Phurst's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Very cool!

I go weeks or sometimes months without seeing my emeralds, then one day I'll see a claw sticking out of the LR. I'd bet yours is still in there somewhere.

When i first got my mandarin, it disapeared after the first night it was in the tank. I assumed it was dead eventualy, but one day 3 MONTHS later, there he was, hunting pods out in the open. I have no idea where he went for that long....
    **KEEP ME AWAY FROM SUPER GLUE ... i tend to glue my lips shut !!**

Thanks
    I have a blue banded coral shrimp. I put him in the tank and didn't see him again for four months. He's still elusive, I think mainly because of my bastard six line wrasse. But the funniest part of this story was I had purchased him online from a vendor with a very good warranty program. I called them three weeks after putting him in the tank and they issued me a credit that I never used. When he finally decided to show up, I called them back to tell them they needed to delete that credit. They were so surprised by my honesty they let me keep the credit. That was pretty cool!
    "Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil."

Abolish the IRS! Bring transparency and accountability to tax policy - close all loopholes and brings fairness to taxation. Support the Fair Tax plan... visit http://www.fairtax.org

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I'd call that good customer service!
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    I had a juvenile Scribbled Angel (a very pricey fish) that disappeared one day. I was frantic and looked everywhere. Lo and behold - there he was in the overflow. I have no idea how he got there, as the tank is covered and there is only a 1/4 inch gap between the top of the overflow and the top of the tank, but he did. We though about calling him Houdini!

That is great news about your clown. It's amazing the survival instinct these guys have. Your tank must seem like tohe ocean to him after his 90 day stint in solitary confinement!

Thread Information