Thread: MACNA XIX - Question and Answers #10 - Podcast Episode 104

Thanks

MACNA XIX - Question and Answers #10 - Podcast Episode 104

In this episode I start of with generic rundown of MACNA XIX and then some details on next years MACNA XX. The Show then continues with some Questions and Answers from the voicemail line.

The questions are on the following topics.
    • Can we setup a true "Mixed Reef tank"
    • What do i do with live rock after i bleach it
    • Can we do more shows on nano tanks

Or click here to download the individual episode

And Please consider taking the listener survey
    Show people you appreciate there advice, click the icon under there name and give them Reputation points

Thanks
    OMG I want to be there!

Very cool rob. Thanks for the tip about buying tickets early; i think i will do just that!
    Samuel

"If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me.... There is magic in it. Let the most absent-minded men be plunged in his deepest reveries--stand that man on his legs, set his feet a-going, and he will infallibly lead you to water, if water there be in all that region."

Herman Melville, Moby Dick, Ch. 1.

http://religiousspiritualism.wordpress.com

Thanks
    Hey Rob,
    Regarding MACNA XIX, which talks did you go to? Can you give us a quick run down of some of your favorite talks? What new stuff did you learn?

Also, which vendor booth did you like the best? Who had the best schwag? And who had the coolest new gadgests/products?

Astrivian, I also bought my ticket to MACNA XX early. Great tip, Rob! :P Where are those MACNA XX T-Shirts? lol

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Jeff,

Obviously I'm not Rob but here are my answers. I got there a little late on Friday and missed a couple talks I wanted to hear but I went to many of the talks. I really liked the talks by Eric Borneman, Ron Hessing, Daniel Knop, Dana Riddle and Frank Marini. Of course the talks by Bruce Carlson and Gerry Allen were great. I learned a lot but really came away with an even stronger commitment to conservation, captive breeding and education.

The vendor booths were just overwhelming. Teco chillers was running a Lemonade Stand, using their chiller to chill the lemonade to 37*! Of course the ZeroEdge tanks are really cool!

Red Sea was giving 50 gallon sample buckets of the Red Sea Coral Pro salt, Oceanic had full size samples of their foods, SeaChem was giving samples of their Reef Vitality and I have t-shirts from ReefBuilders, IMAC, Two Little Fishies, and Drs Foster & Smith.

I really enjoyed meeting other TR members in person and many of the speakers and vendors. It is pretty cool when you can stand in the hall or sit at a table and talk to world renowned experts.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thread Information