SPS Reefer / TR Admin lReef lKeeper's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    there is no puffer in that tank ... it would eat everything
    lReef lKeeper (Bobby) Admin and Reefer

Water ...
    Custom 4x2x1 60 gallon, 40B sump

Equipment ...
    6x54w HO T5 fixture, 300+g rated Frankenskimmer, ATO, 3 Media Reactors (1 p04, 1 N03, 1 Carbon)

www.lmas.org

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    Everyone I would like you to meet TURBO my very first saltwater fish !
    My buddy told me yesterday that it was to cold to receive the shipment of clowns I had on order for the last month from Australia. So I went to the store today after calling a couple others that were out of stock. As I walked up to the display with a pair of clowns another shopper said they wanted to buy them, the last pair... So I bought a nice size tang instead My buddy Brian told me tonight that he will be getting one last shipment in next tue. and then I will be able to get a pair through him.

SPS Reefer / TR Admin lReef lKeeper's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    sweet !! lookin good, i bet he loves that big tank !!
    lReef lKeeper (Bobby) Admin and Reefer

Water ...
    Custom 4x2x1 60 gallon, 40B sump

Equipment ...
    6x54w HO T5 fixture, 300+g rated Frankenskimmer, ATO, 3 Media Reactors (1 p04, 1 N03, 1 Carbon)

www.lmas.org

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Great looking Yellow tang. He looks hungry. lol J/K
    Ray or Raymond
    There is no elevator to success in marine tanks. You have to take the stairs.

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    Ha ha Ray! No hes not hungry lol, I just wanted to get the clam in the shot as well. He is eating like a pig and doing great.

Now I would like to introduce our new clown fishes! This is Nemo, Nancy, and Norm. This has been my goal since starting this tank project three years ago, getting clown fish for my boys! Today I went to my friend Brian's house from oceansdirect and I bought two clowns and two peppermint shrimps. When I got home and took the bag out of the insulated box there was THREE! So I guess he slipped one in for free as a surprise. The tang is getting along with them well.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreyz View Post
    Ha ha Ray! No hes not hungry lol, I just wanted to get the clam in the shot as well. He is eating like a pig and doing great.
    lol I was just joking he looks happy and full as can be.

Your clowns look great I would just watch them as soon as on of them pair's up the 3rd will get picked on to death.
    Ray or Raymond

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    Yep I have heard that before. If I notice it happening I have a 30 gallon up and running for the last couple of months now with nothing in it but a piece of live rock. I'll take him out and put him in there until I can find him a new home.

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Underwater View Post
    I want that puffer!
    random!

Quote Originally Posted by lReef lKeeper View Post
    there is no puffer in that tank ... it would eat everything
    mini shutdown off the back of random..!

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyz View Post
    My buddy told me yesterday that it was to cold to receive the shipment of clowns I had on order for the last month from Australia.
    really, in what way, morally or temperature ?

Vquilibrium Productions

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    lol V in temperature. this shipment sat in a warehouse in Chicago from 11PM Thursday evening through 11AM Friday morning before Flying to Louisville. They landed in California first. It is hard to keep corals and fish alive during a shipment that takes a day or two.

On the random note that puffer someone was referring to was from old LMAS meeting pics at a club members house about two years ago. Or could have been from a different meeting at the Falls of Ohio. I don't ever want a puffer in my tank.

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    Well Norm kicked the bucket over night. To bad I was hoping I could see the couple pick on him and remove him once it was spotted that two paired up. Just wanted to share how quickly it happened so others can learn from this.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear about Norm.

They are nice looking clowns and other 2 will form a pair.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    oh no.!~ prepare for the ozzie funeral bud...... "BURP" *walks away*

Vquilibrium Productions

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    OK so now the larger of the two mated pair of clowns has been swimming vertically all day. It's stomach is becoming sunken. My friend said he saw them eat food yesterday, I haven't seen them eat since I got them. Last night the smaller of the two sucked a piece of food into his mouth (flake) then spit it out. I have been trying to feed small amounts of Bio-Blend Marine food herbivore diet, ZoPlan advanced Zooplankton Diet, TetraColor tropical flakes, DT's live marine phytoplankton, Sally's full grown frozen plankton, Sally's brine shrimp. I guess I need to look into garlic supplements. Any advice here please?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    My clowns have always eaten anything I have put in the tank as long as it is big enough for them to see. The DT's is not a food they would eat, it is mostly useful for feeding the bottom of the food chain (pods), filter feeders and clams. Soaking the food in garlic can help stimulate appetite.
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    YEah I knew the DT's was just for the clams, I just wanted to list everything I put in the tank. The larger of the two remaining clowns that was swimming vertically all day yesterday is missing in action as of lights on today. No body to be found yet.... The remaining on seems to be doing well other than I haven't seen him eat yet. His sides are not sunken in.

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    The night before last the clown fish finally ate 7 shrimp, last night he was actually aggressively swimming up to them and eating them. So looks like Nemo is going to make it! To bad about Norm and Nancy though....

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    A few updated growth shots
    Went from three heads that Bobby traded me to now about 15.

I thought the head on the right was splitting into two, yet it was only eating...

That was then....

This is now even after my rouge hermit crab mowed down half of it! Sine then I put all but 4 hermits into the sump.

This is a new adition after the last LMAS meeting, a member gave it to me for free.

This leather here has had a new growth of about and inch directly towards the front so you can't really tell as I am shooting straight on. There is also growth coming out of the sides slightly. I really like this one.
    Last edited by lReef lKeeper; 02-22-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spell my name right son !!

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    Not much growth at all on this one. Yet when I picked up my clowns my friend Brian advised my two start dosing my two part solution every day a little squirt. He has had allot of success in doing so to keep the water buffered. He said that if he went more than three days his alk dropped way to low. Where I had been only dosing once every two weeks after testing. So I have been dosing daily the last week ever since.

Notice the white spots with lack of pigmentation? Not good..... Yet it is showing great flesh exposure and increased calcium growth on the shell.

This guy is still not happy I gotta get his roots attached still I guess

The remaining clown fish didn't come out until 2hrs. 45 min. after lights on tonight. He then stayed in the corner in front and even layed down on the sand for 3 min., I thought he was a goner. He got back up and has been hovering ever since. He passed up all feedings tonight. While the tang is eating like a pig.

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    I added four new additions of fish to the tank two days ago from a local store Green Tree. I have added a yellow eyed purple tang that I can not get a shot of. A copper banded tang. and two wrasses. Been doing some water changes. Also found out that I need to clean the collect area of my skimmer before the cup. Skimming is constant again now every day a full cup. Zoes have not been opening these last five days as usual. I am concerned about them. Bought a brand new ice cap ballast and two five foot VHO lights hope to install them over the next few days snow storm yet failed on getting the plug in today at Home depot. I guess I'll have to order it online. I got allot of salt and have been doing water changes of 5 gallons daily over the last two days, plan to continue for a week as it is much needed. Cut on my hands from a new cocker spaniel puppy have prevented me from re gluing the green trumpets that feel a week ago.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Great looking new additions.
    Ray or Raymond

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    thanks for the update bud.

How you been anyways, haven't spoken for some time.

Vquilibrium Productions

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    I've been doing really good thanks V. College is going great going full time since last June. Looking forward to getting some more live stock added to the tank soon, and my new lights installed.

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    Yesterday I picked up a scribbled face rabbit fish and a fire fish they both are doing great. I hope to get some pics of them up soon

Expert Reefer
    Thanks
    My elusive yellow eyed purple tang.

My new fire fish.

My new scribbled eyed rabbit fish he is the biggest one in the tank now about 5-6 inches long and the only venomous fish.

New clam shot

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The yellow eye purple tang is very handsome!
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information