Thread: Adding tile to where my clowns lay eggs

Curious Reefer
    Thanks

Adding tile to where my clowns lay eggs

I have a pair of black clowns (still trying to figure out what kind they are, I will post pics later) that have been laying eggs for about a year now. I hate the fact that I can't even try to raise them right now. So, Steve from CoralDynamics and I have been talking about him raising them. I need to put a piece of tile in there but am worried that it will disrupt their mating and not lay anymore. They just started laying again after a battle with ich from some fish I added and did not QT them. What are some thoughts from everyone that has a little bit more knowledge about this?

Thanks

SPS Reefer / TR Admin lReef lKeeper's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    if the area is pretty easy to get to, i would go ahead and place the tile. it should not cause that much stress to them, just a new floor to them. even if they do stop spawning for a while ... they will eventually start up again.
    lReef lKeeper (Bobby) Admin and Reefer

Water ...
    Custom 4x2x1 60 gallon, 40B sump

Equipment ...
    6x54w HO T5 fixture, 300+g rated Frankenskimmer, ATO, 3 Media Reactors (1 p04, 1 N03, 1 Carbon)

www.lmas.org

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Curious Reefer
    Thanks
    Here is a picture of them. Can someone id these for me? male is on the left and female on the right. Notice the male does not have the small white mark right before his tail like the female.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information