Thread: What people sell on Ebay

Thanks

What people sell on Ebay

all i can say is i feel sorry for the poor people he has sold to, i'd hate to meet this person i would give him a piece of my mind.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GLASS-ANEMONES-5...QQcmdZViewItem
    My idea of an amusement park story is getting adventurers to go tour environmental disaster areas. After all, if the entire Great Barrier Reef gets killed, which seems like an extremely lively possibility, what are you going to do with all that rotting limestone?
    ~Bruce Sterling

Grand Master Reefer Seahorsedreams's Avatar
    Thanks
    You know what..... I think it's just. Better learn quick to research for you buy. He never lied at all in his representataion.

.... and no it wasn't me....lol.
    Renee

Thanks
    That is just funny.

I do have to say though, i can beat that price if anyone is interested lol

Save a coral, Trade a frag.
    Stop The World, I Want Off

Thanks
    true he was honest and didn't lie, but still........ hey west we could go in business and sell them as copperbanded and pepermint shrimp food.
    My idea of an amusement park story is getting adventurers to go tour environmental disaster areas. After all, if the entire Great Barrier Reef gets killed, which seems like an extremely lively possibility, what are you going to do with all that rotting limestone?
    ~Bruce Sterling

Thanks
    Never thought about it. They would be great for raising copperbands and peppermints, well Caribbean pep's not Catalina pep's lol

Save a coral, Trade a frag.
    Stop The World, I Want Off

Thanks
    HAHAH THATS AMAZING! actually i have heard somewhere about someone selling aiptasia. well i would say if people some how want to buy them, thatd be a great business. all profit. you could probably even get your first aiptasia for free to.
    -Mark

Tank Journal

All Cows Smoke Grass.
    That is why we have HIGH GRADE milk.

I've Got More Grams Than Teddy
    and don't worry, be hyphy

Thanks
    wow.. interested...
    but surprisingly, there are people that seek them, albeit for specific reasons such as raising beghia or peps.

(s)he should be a bit more forthcoming and state they are for specific purposes and are generally considered a nuisance.
    Show people you appreciate there advice, click the icon under there name and give them Reputation points

Thanks
    thats a steal!! one of my LFS had a rock with about 5-6 of those for $35!! LOL i wish i was kidding.

Thanks
    Hey, that is my zipcode... Maybe I can find this cheat! I can't believe someone from my area is selling this! What a disgrace...

Thanks
    whats wrong with selling aptasia? i shoulda though of that myself. all my berghia starved to death cuz i ran out myself. also maybe some people would like to raise the buggers.
    Last edited by pham411; 03-27-2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: addition
    |*****\\ARRRRRR//*****|

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pham411 View Post
    whats wrong with selling aptasia? i shoulda though of that myself. all my berghia starved to death cuz i ran out myself. also maybe some people would like to raise the buggers.
    i agree.. and that was my point too..

my problem is that it should state "they are for specific purposes and are generally considered a nuisance."
    Show people you appreciate there advice, click the icon under there name and give them Reputation points

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    i agree.. and that was my point too..

my problem is that it should state "they are for specific purposes and are generally considered a nuisance."
    I agree Rob, the problem with this ad on ebay is that someone who is a newb could potentially buy these not knowing what they are and how much of a nuisance they can be.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wakbrdfr View Post
    I agree Rob, the problem with this ad on ebay is that someone who is a newb could potentially buy these not knowing what they are and how much of a nuisance they can be.
    not only that, if the person that buys the aiptasia doesnt visit fourms, or look for info on the web, they think they have a coral, and when it starts spreading they are thinking they have something to frag, and sell it to some other unsuspecting person. or take it to one of the LFS here for credit. which most stores know what it is, one of the ones here apparently dont as its in just about every one of their display tanks.

Thanks
    Hobbyist control the market whether they realise it what.

At my LFS, the tanks are generally aiptasia free. But the store does have a tank that are rich in aiptasias. I know the owner and he has confirmed to me that he keeps those aiptasias because of people with the Berghia nudibrachs or the stubborn Copperband Butterfly. He does not sell and advise against the nudi and the butterflyfish, but are often spoken ill of in the local clubs and forums for having aiptasias. The owner has told me that everytime he eliminated his aiptasias, someone would show up with a starved Copperband Butterfly or Nudi. Why is it that people show up with livestock that they can't keep at his store expecting a miracle, and yet other customers complain about not buying from him because he has aiptasias?
    Last edited by Rob; 04-03-2007 at 04:59 PM.
    USA

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat walrus View Post
    Hobbyist control the market whether they realise it what.

At my LFS, the tanks are generally aiptasia free. But the store does have a tank that are rich in aiptasias. I know the owner and he has confirmed to me that he keeps those aiptasias because of people with the Berghia nudibrachs or the stubborn Copperband Butterfly. He does not sell and advise against the nudi and the butterflyfish, but are often spoken ill of in the local clubs and forums for having aiptasias. The owner has told me that everytime he eliminated his aiptasias, someone would show up with a starved Copperband Butterfly or Nudi. Why is it that people show up with livestock that they can't keep at his store expecting a miracle, and yet other customers bitch about not buying from him because he has aiptasias?
    i could understand having a tank like that. even one or two in a display tank with a new shipment of corals. but one of the 2 LFS here has aiptasia and red flatworms in just about all the tanks. and they try to sell them to people that dont know what they are, even their employees dont know what they are. LOL its a sad place to visit!

Thanks
    i wont speak for everyone, but my point is.. sell them, go for it.. there are good uses for them.. selling them is not the problem..

the problem in my eyes is they are not properly classified as potential pests..

Thread Information