Thread: Planning my tank flow (Manifold, SCWD and more)

Curious Reefer
    Thanks

Planning my tank flow (Manifold, SCWD and more)

I'm planning my setup and I need your advice...
    My idea is a visually clean tank, so I don't want to put powerheads or pump inside...
    That's why i'll be using:
    a) Manifold with 10 outputs (5 open - 5 closed) with the Ocean Runner 6500

The intake will be a 2' hole in the bottom of the tank with this strainer

I decided to drill the bottom because this way I can hide easily the strainer with LR

b) Return pump with a SCWD and then 2 outputs I'll made them with loc-line so i can move the flow as i need

c) I also wanna have some flow in the bottom of the tank so I'm going to place a 500lts/hr inside the overflow and the output it's going to be the red dot in the image

(the red dot is the hole for yhe intake of the manifold)

What do you think about my plans??

Thanks
    Wow this is pretty intense. How are you going to place the outputs on the y-axis in the tank? I.e. along the bottom, the top, or vary the height in the tank.

I like the SQWD idea for this. Do you know about what the time between switches will be?
    Samuel

"If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me.... There is magic in it. Let the most absent-minded men be plunged in his deepest reveries--stand that man on his legs, set his feet a-going, and he will infallibly lead you to water, if water there be in all that region."

Herman Melville, Moby Dick, Ch. 1.

http://religiousspiritualism.wordpress.com

Curious Reefer
    Thanks
    I don't understand the question about the Y-axis....

I think that the SCWD will switch in 5-7 seconds

Thanks
    what size tank is this? it looks good but the ? is how much water volume will you have (tank+sump+fuge=?) you will have to move ALOT of water to get any sort of pressure you might just ahev a trickle out of all those ports.
    My idea of an amusement park story is getting adventurers to go tour environmental disaster areas. After all, if the entire Great Barrier Reef gets killed, which seems like an extremely lively possibility, what are you going to do with all that rotting limestone?
    ~Bruce Sterling

Curious Reefer
    Thanks
    the size of the tank is 80x45x50cms
    the total volume will be about 250 liters
    the ocean runner 6500 moves 6500lts/hr

Thanks
    Oh sorry, by the y-axis thing i meant are the pipes you have in your picture going along the top of the tank, or down on the bottom under the sand or something.
    Samuel

"If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me.... There is magic in it. Let the most absent-minded men be plunged in his deepest reveries--stand that man on his legs, set his feet a-going, and he will infallibly lead you to water, if water there be in all that region."

Curious Reefer
    Thanks
    the pipes are going along the surface of the water....

Thanks
    Oh okay. I guess asking are the pipes at the surface or the bottom would have made much more sense than the y-axis thing. Sorry, that was the nerd in me speaking

Are you hooking this up with a closed loop system, or is the water returning from your sump/fuge? Just curious. After looking at this i am thinking of doing a similar idea, but my Mag 24 (2400 gph) return pump is way to much for a SQWD.
    Samuel

Thread Information