Thread: Show Ideas.. going from FO to Reef

Thanks
    i would like to hear more info on going from fish only to reef. mainly the new things we should test for (calc, alk) some info on how they interact with each other. i would also get some suggestions on going from a RO ATO system to a Calkwasser ATO i hear that you should only use it in the morning becaude of PH if so why?

Thanks
    Hi, Welcome to TR!

I moved your post to it's own thread so it would get the attention it deserves. Great ideas. Rob will appreciate them.
    Gwen - 2008 Atlanta Reef Club Board
    MACNA XX Committee
    125g RR AGA "The Simple Reef Tank"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The reason to dose kalk first thing in the morning is because your tank's pH is lowest in the morning (because your lights are off). Since kalk has a very high pH if you drip it in the morning you do not have as great of pH fluctuation.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    welcome to TR bud!
    spill the beans on the name> french town, french for prairie,member of nwogeo, cajian word for pro, links to alexandria, what?

Vquilibrium Productions

Thanks

The beans

Well I'm born and raised Cajun. Yep I’m a pure bred coona$$. I live in the New Orleans area all my life till Katrina. We lost everything and have been bouncing around the US since I was in Toledo when I first came across the Talking reef pod cast but because of now having a stable home I didn’t do much other than listen. Now that I’ve got a new home I’ve set me tank back up and am starting all over. (Did you know a false clown can live in a tank with no live rock for 12-16 days after a flood without any filtration. we I came back on the 16th day to get him he didn’t make it ). I work for NASA in Huntsville doing R&D I did the same in New Orleans. I have a 2 year old and a lovely wife who is always there whenever I need her. As for the name it Cajun for "Pro" I am a photographer and it’s the name of my business I do "not your normal photography" mainly on location and special requests.

I have been a freshie since I was 12 made the jump to salt @ 25 so I’ve been doing it for about 3 years now. Never made the leap to reef because of money but now I’ve learned if you don’t do it now you may not have it tomorrow. So there for I’ve taken some extra work to support my "addiction" as my wife calls it. I’m glad to finally have some stability back in my life out of all the thing I’ve missed form the storm my tank have been what I yearned for the most.

Thanks
    thanks for the suggestion, i will see what i can do to get it on a show in the near future.
    Show people you appreciate there advice, click the icon under there name and give them Reputation points

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    wow, i asked for the beans, not the whole can! lol idden!
    thanks for sharing your story, tragic as some stages where your stronger for it, and the best thing is u and your family made it out the other side with only a material lose! as for the photo business name, i was getting there> well, at least half i got was right!
    welcome to TR our cajun friend from windy town with soul!

Vquilibrium Productions

Thread Information