Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: The Road to DanaMcK's 240g and 180g Dream Tanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmito View Post
    What's up Dana !

Welcome back...so did you open your own a/v company ? I will keep you posted regarding the home theater room and big tank plans. I down graded my 75 aga and traded a vortech pump for a 34 gal red sea max...very cool ! I still have the blackcap, flame angel, and the pair of ocellaris clowns/ bangaiis. I'll try and send pic's when I get a chance. Go ahead and keep the fish trap...I think you need it more than I do at this point.

Now to the important question...How do you like the new sharks coach ?

Jim
    Yes - I have opened a branch of a SF-based a/v integrator, and things are going great!

Why did you downgrade from the 75? Was this in preparation for the big remodel? Yes - send photos!

And now the important answer: I thought Ron Wilson was a very good coach, but it was obvious something was not working between him and the players (look at the lack of consistency) so I think it was time for him to move on. At first I was disappointed by the selection of Todd McLellan. With all the head coaches that were available, why pick an assistant coach? But the more I thought about it, and read up on the man, the more I think it was a great decision. Who better to get us over this "hump" than someone who has been closely involved in one of the best and most consistent teams in hockey. And he certainly has earned this opportunity. So I am happy. I get to select my seats tomorrow night. Oh - and of course if i find better (read more expensive) seats, they are happy to upgrade me!

Wait - this is a reef-keeping thread! Oops.
    240 gallon Mixed Reef + 46 gallon Mixed Reef + 40 gallon coral prop tank - 180 gallon FOWLR = a little more time and money!

The stories behind my tanks can be found at:
    http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/me...eam-tanks.html

Thanks
    [QUOTE=Danamck;81343]Yes - I have opened a branch of a SF-based a/v integrator, and things are going great!

Why did you downgrade from the 75? Was this in preparation for the big remodel? Yes - send photos!

Dana,

I had to downgrade b/c we had to move out while they do the 2nd story addition. A 34 gal is way easier to move than a 75 gal w/ 40 gal sump ! I hope to do a 6' w x 4'd x 2' h starphire tank where the fireplace was. I'm also hoping to build a 16' x 22' home theater room. I'll pick your brain regarding both projects.

I hope the coach mcllellan can get the boys to work on the power play...He's certainly learned from the best !

Thanks
    Jim -

6' W x 4' D x 2' H ---- PERFECT! I love the depth, you'll be able to do some great things with the rock scape!
    240 gallon Mixed Reef + 46 gallon Mixed Reef + 40 gallon coral prop tank - 180 gallon FOWLR = a little more time and money!

Thanks
    Thanks Dana,

I was inspired by steve weast's tank in ultimte marine aquarium's by mike paletta...he had incredible depth to his tank and the aquascaping had this cool "chasm effect."

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hello all,

I'm back. I can't believe it's been 2 1/2 months since my last post. What the heck has kept me so busy that I couldn't find a few seconds to pop on line and post a few words to my on-line buddies?

I have no definitive answer.
    Walking through the TR hallways just after ive let one loose will do that to a man

Good read bud, funny as per usual, enough to give me a rise anyways. Been a long time, but its not the quanity but the quality ive heard, - from someone else that is!!! lol

Yeah !! congrats bud, always good taking the dive, essecially when your know your S@#t in the industry.

so.........., when's the invite to be your network distib point of contact in oz hmmm> ? you got some good gear running or what?

Take care my friend, hope your visits can be weekly, not monthy, but rome wasn't built in a day, so even though your ready to go - not all the roads leading to places are clear & finnished! In other words, shoot your family in the back of the head with a pellet gun when they are playing Wcraft online & when they are getting that attended to, steal 2 minutes in the Hot seat..lol.

Vquilibrium Productions

Thanks
    V -

Thanks ... I think!

Seriously, wait till I post some pics of the project we just finished. It will blow your mind! It's called Club Auto Sport ... a place where people who are rich and into cars hang. They purchase a space to store their extra cars, and as a benefit get to play with the stuff we installed. HDTVs and speakers everywhere! Most sophisticated system I've ever put together - and it works perfectly.

Oh - and opening night there was over 30 million dollars worth of cars on display. Even more impressive is that there were only about 60 cars or so. Photos coming as soon as I get the OK to post. Promise.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Dana, you post those car pix and you may get my son into aquariums!
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    WOW! 2 months since my last post! Could it really be possible?

Yes sports fans, I'm still alive. Work has been crazy, to put it mildly. Any free time I've had has been taken up with family and the 240. More on that later. I've got another week and a half of work craziness, then things settle down. I promise an update and the long awaited Club Auto Sports photos. That is, unless you've all given up on me!

Hello.

Hello.

Dang.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I promise an update and the long awaited Club Auto Sports photos. That is, unless you've all given up on me!
    i would love to see an update Danamck cant wait
    Ray or Raymond
    There is no elevator to success in marine tanks. You have to take the stairs.

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Dana, its good to see you back!
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    This is absolutely awesome! I love your tank, and that you would go about telling us all what you did right along with what wasn't ok. And the video of the capturing of Tucker was hillarious. My daughters were like 'it's like nemo but with tucker!'.

Thanks
    Hello everyone! Well, it's been almost 5 YEARS since my last post! What a joy it has been spending the last hour reading my posts and the responses. I'm amazed that they were still here. And very grateful. It's good to be back and see that some of the same people I used to chat with are still active in the forums.

So - what's happened that took me out of my fish world for so long. I guess the simple answer is ... life. Some goods, some bad times. Got divorced, son went off to college, sold the house, moved (still in California), got completely out of fish keeping for a bit. Well, I had a betta at work, but I can't count that.

Anyway, I'm back. I'm getting married at the end of August. I'm working for an A/V company that I love, and having much success. Oh, and I got a small fish tank! And I mean small (Aqueon Evolve8). I started off making it a fresh water planted tank (boo! hiss!) and while it was nice - it just didn't do anything for me. So last week I turned it into a nano-reef. Pictures to come.

Bottom line: I've been bitten by the bug again. I'm already planning my next tank for next year. Somewhere in the 75 - 125 gallon range. The days of multiple tanks and $1000 electric bills are behind me. But as I start the next chapter of my life, I want a saltwater tank to be a part of that life.

Thanks
    Welcome back Dana !

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Dana, it is good to see you back! I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Felicitations on your upcoming marriage!
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread Information