Thread: Tips and tricks

Thanks

Tips and tricks

Rob,

How about a 'Tips and Tricks' segment where members can submit anything they have come across that may be of interest to the rest of the audience.

As a simple example, I'm building a new pendant for the 7ft tank and needed both muffin fans and blue LED lighting.

Each of these purchased separately would cost me a fair bit, but computer stores sell 112mm case cooling fans with 8 blue LEDs already in them for A$15 a piece - perfect for what I need and half the price.

My HQI lighting cost me A$28 each for the fittings and A$60 per 20K bulb after looking on eBay. The 150W fittings and ballasts were ex-shop fittings that were pulled out and sold as salvage - I saved at least $500-600.

Scott.

Thanks
    yes this is a great idea,
    i am alwasy looking for tips and trips.
    the best way would for people to call the hot line phone number and leave there tip.

unfortuatly i havent received many calls on that line (only 1) so i dont know how likely this will be.

but, if i get a series of calls on this, then i would most definatly get them in a show, or if there are many, i will get a bunch into a single show
    Show people you appreciate there advice, click the icon under there name and give them Reputation points

Thread Information