Thread: Cataract Surgery

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cataract Surgery

So... I went to my optometrist the beginning of the month and she told me the cataracts that she noticed last year (and said I'd need surgery for in 4-5 years) had gotten much worse and needed to come out! Well, you may remember that I had an appendectomy back in November and this meant that I had met my insurance plan deductible for the year. And, our plan year ends September 30th.

I has an appointment with the ophthalmologist on Thursday and explained my hurry. He asked me if I could have surgery the following day. Since my deductible is $2500 I was pretty motivated to clear my schedule and make that happen. The surgery was very quick, literally 10 minutes. And I am amazed at how vivid the world looks. The friend who took me had on a green shirt which I thought was kind of a pea green. After the surgery I realized it was actually bright green!

So, now I have one eye that is crystal clear and 20/20 and, until the 27th, one that is dull, yellowed and 20/475. It's a little confusing since I can only see with one or the other eye. My glasses are really strong so taking one lens out wouldn't really work because they make everything look smaller than it really is. But for the first time in my life I can actually see the TV from across the room without glasses!
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    im glad everything worked for you carmie, i hope the other eye goes just as well. all the best wishes from me and my family!
    we are all on the long road to our dream tanks, im going slow and enjoying the journey!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks Nick. I have my post op visit with the doctor tomorrow. Everything seems OK to me but it will be nice to have him confirm that.
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    how did the doctors visit go carmie?
    we are all on the long road to our dream tanks, im going slow and enjoying the journey!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I had a great report! I now have >20/40 vision in the eye they operated on which means I can officially drive without glasses! They are doing the 2nd eye next Friday!!
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Thread Information