Thread: Is there something wrong with my Sailfin Tang?

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks

Is there something wrong with my Sailfin Tang?

I am have been noticing some skin peeling, and abrasions around the mouth and eyes of my sailfin tang? Is he sick, or is something attacking him?

I have a Yellow Tang, two yellow tail damsels, cleaner shrimp, 2 condy anemones, 1 curly q anemone, 1 spiny urchin in the tank, 1 bristle star fish, and 1 sand shifting star fish. Plus snails, but I highly doubt the snails are bothering it. I also have one more fish, cannot think of the name. It is the last picture.

Thank you for any help. I hope there is nothing majorly wrong with my sailfin.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The last fish is a Klein's butterful fish. I'd suspect the damsels of being the ones attacking your tang. They are nasty little buggers.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    OK. Need major help. I woke up this morning to the Klein's Butterfly fish, laying on it's side on the sand. I tried to get it to swim, it would swim upside down, and doing flips. Then it would just lay down again. I set up a quick 2 Gallon med tank for him, and when I put him in there, I see red on his side. Looks like it may be blood. What can I do to save him? Should I get Stress coat, and dose him with that? Of is there something else I should get?

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    Never mind, he is gone.

Thanks
    Thats a bummer man! Sailfin is wounded and now Kliens is gone hmmmm. Do you see hostility between the damsels and other fish? How big is your brittle star? Yellow tails are tough little dudes. I had a 1" yellowtail and an almost 3" blue devil together when I started. The blue devil beat the crap out of the little guy for months. Ripped fins and bite marks all over its body. Then out of nowhere the little guy grew a pair and stood his ground and would put that blue devil in his place. It got to the point where the little yellowtail would just stay at the top of the tank in the back corner and watch down over the rock and when the blue devil came out of his pvc home he took a beating. Then I decided to get rid of them for a pair of clowns. As for catching damsels.....thats another story! Not only are they mean, but fast too.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Josh, what are your parameters?
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thread Information