Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Getting ready for Prodibio

Thanks

Getting ready for Prodibio

i have been doing some research, and have decided that trying out Prodibio would be a great test for us to perform here.

i am planning on getting a 6-8 week supply (have to confirm this would be enough time to test) and documenting my progress here.

im going to try and post dosing details, and take photos of many of the corals as i progress through this. likely in 1 week intervals.

my call here is for questions or comments regarding this test. things you want me to look for, and anything like that
    Show people you appreciate there advice, click the icon under there name and give them Reputation points

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I think it would be good if you did a series of photos at the same distance from the tank with the same tank and ambient lighting, using the same lens, f-stop, shutter speed, and ISO every time. At the end of the test you would have series of time lapsed photos that could prove really beneficial.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    yes, i do plan on getting that..
    im am doing more research now on the system. i do have some concerns before i start, and trying to find answers now
    Show people you appreciate there advice, click the icon under there name and give them Reputation points

Curious Reefer
    Thanks
    If you can, don't change any other variables. For some reason people in this hobby like to change lots of things all at once which does no good at determining what change was for the better or worse. Keep a good log of dosing and a journal of visual effects. Setup a tripod (don't move it) and take a pic everday. Like CarmieJo said, don't use automode on the camera for this will produce different results every time. This will show the results better than anything.

Thanks
    yes..
    i am currently doing some more research, as i am concerned it will kill off my macro algae, i might have to setup something for that if i start to have problems.

which is another thing, i just added the fuge, so i want to give it some time to stabilize before i start.

i will be doing photos, full tank, and individual corals. probably weekly.
    it appears that 6-8 weeks is the minimum in which affects would be noticeable, so i have to plan out a bit more.

open to any other suggestions

Thanks
    yes, jumpin on the band wagon huh rob. well do this together since i just started prodibio also. it will definately be cool to see the differences. can you post your water parameters, and what prodibio suplements you plan on dosing.
    |*****\\ARRRRRR//*****|

Thanks
    i have not actually figured out what im going to dose.. and i wasnt planning spending the $60-70 on CV either, so i still have some planning to do..

Thanks
    hey guys, can anyone define the similarities and the differences between the zeovit and the prodibio system? i saw a friend's tank today that started zeovit 2 weeks ago. turns out he got the stuff from another friend that decided it was not right for him. i know no details about the third friend's tank. i don't have much time to research or experiment, so can anyone answer my question in one paragraph?
    USA

Thanks

hmmm I will try

but it is hard to explain what they do is simuler but they do in difference ways. both appear to say they were 1st and the other is the copy cat my theroy is the goals are the same they just do it in different ways and I don't think the intent was to copy cat the other just what they do.. one difference I have heard is that with prodibio it is hard to overdose which is fairly easy with zeo I just got rid of all my zeo stuff I am going to try prodibio I know I am insane you don't have to tell me that. oh one big difference that Zeovit is German Prodibio is French lol. Rob if you are intrested I can get one of the largest Prodibio distribitors in the us to do a podcast with you.. hey what can I say I have allot of connections for still being a newbe.. oh and I told you that you could get Eric Borneman on good podcast by the way.. hmm guess I probably didn't answer the question well...

Thanks
    My question is what is Prodibio?

Thanks

hey I got that lol

more info also at www.prodibio.fr

The Prodibio Company combines science, advanced aquaculture techniques, and cutting edge biotechnology. Each ampoule is packed under nitrogen providing excellent product stability, retaining a strong concentration as it is sheltered from oxygen in the air.

To conceive and produce the most effective modern aquaculture products and present them in easy to use packaging.

Prodibio selects and uses specific non-pathogenic micro-organisms designed for aquaculture, the quality and purity of which are insured by stringent bio-chemical tests. Quality assurance and control programs are applied during the entire manufacturing process to guarantee an excellent product.

The rapid development of the aquarium hobby, especially reef and marine aquariums, confirms that man is in search of a successful and naturally balanced aquarium. The aquarium hobbyist of today increasingly turns away from chemical products, as the by-products are often more harmful than beneficial long-term. Microorganisms are integral parts of nature and are particularly important in the confines of an aquarium for the control of water quality.

The packaging in ampoules under nitrogen allows a very long conservation isolated from the oxygen of the air. This presentation is very economic because 100% the product is efficient whenever needed.

Thanks
    Rob, where are you placing your order for this. My sister is leaving to Europe in a few weeks and if it can only be sold their I might ask her to pick up some for me.

Thanks

I can help there

there are two us vendors I know of right now..

http://robsreef.com/

no not our Rob lol

and where I ordered from he has free shipping till the end of august tell scott I sent you and select local pick up oh yeah select local pick up and mininum order of 50.00 bucks he also has Reef roids I here it's great food ordered some of that too..

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/cat...p?cPath=86_188

Thanks
    thanks dave, i just placed my order..

Thanks

Sweet Rob

We can do a comparison I will take some before and after shots during shots also I am t5 and you are MH so that could be intresting can't wait to get it.. Did you find Scott helpfull guess you must have lol he's a good guy.. honest OMO

Thanks
    yes, he was very helpfull.
    ordered the prodibio from him, and some MH reflectors, that he went out of his way to find for me..

overall happy with the buying experience and services

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    i filled in the gaps, cause the web site doesn't really tell u sqwat!
    its an overview with to many selling points.
    hope this breaks it down abit more> although unless u work in a lab how are u going to gauge what populations u have or are introducing with your tanks!

Nitrosomonas europaea

this bacterium does not use photosynthesis for its energy, but rather uses the energy produced by “burning” ammonia with oxygen for its energy! While not using photosynthesis for energy is not unique, “burning” ammonia with oxygen is. because of the large amounts of ammonia this bacterium needs to consume for energy to divide, cell division can take up to several days.

Nitrobacter winogradskyi
    this bactera is orsome, its definately one we need in our systems.its metabolically versatile in every respect. It can grow as a chemolithoautotroph by deriving energy from nitrite oxidation and fixing carbon dioxide as its source of carbon or in the absence of nitrite it can grow as a chemoorganoheterotroph and utilize organic compounds as sole carbon and energy sources.when provided with a combination of nitrite and organic compounds, N. winogradskyi can utilize both substances simultaneously in mixotrophic growth which put simply makes this bactera an all round hitter!

If u guys want a full run down on ammonium oxidating bactera click on the link

ok next target!
    Genus Paracoccus
    taxonomy
    theres actually 20 species of genus Paracoccus> if u guys want the list let me know
    but this below is the species in question!

Name: Paracoccus denitrificans Authors: (Beijerinck and Minkman 1910) Davis 1969 emend. Rainey et al. 1999 Status: Approved Lists Reference: Int. J. Syst. Bacteriol. 30:340 (AL)
    Risk group: 1 (German classification) Type strain: ATCC 17741, DSM 413, LMD 22.21
    The short of it is they have flexable aerobic respiratory system that doesn't take a scientist telling u they a benifical to be believed!
    i'll post a link to more detailed info resource that i use!

Pseudomonas genus

these can be both benifical & potentially nasty buggers.
    but basiclly these are oxygen loving rods that can move about acting as a bio agents in the water, breaking down crud agents of spoilage and degradation.
    there main strength as most of the above bactera is there ability to metabolise a variety of diverse nutrients within out systems. the strain is also what gives us our ear aches.

ok, i agree with some of the research & target species they produce, i belive some of it has to be a case by case basis, which they dont cater for, its just a predetermined course u follow to achieve max populations within the pecieved volume ratios

let u how it goes rob, should be interesting. what tank are u performing this on?

some extra reading for those really commited to programs like this...
    cultivation of Anaerobes

Vquilibrium Productions

Thanks
    V, after reading that, I feel really really stupid...

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    why? u have no reason to be?

Vquilibrium Productions

Thanks
    awesome V, thanks
    yes, i will keep everyone up to date

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    rob are u trying it on the main dislplay, or a smaller side tank?

Vquilibrium Productions

Thanks
    on he main display..
    again, shooting to bring out more color in the corals, hopefully..

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    yeah thats the reef booster! whats program or comonents of this program are u running, planning to run? u might as well run out of what u already have rob, its the ame stuff we dose for anyways really!

Vquilibrium Productions

Thanks
    well i havent started it yes, but i will be starting with:
    reefbooster
    Bioptim
    bio-digest

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    and whats your research led u to believe, man im hammering u for info & u havn't even started yet...lol

Vquilibrium Productions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information