Thread: Elos Midi vs Cadlight 36 Professional

Curious Reefer
    Thanks

Elos Midi vs Cadlight 36 Professional

Having had a JBJ 24 for a few years now, I'm contemplating moving up in both capacity and quality. I'm considering the merits of the Cadlights 36 vs the Elos Midi. From what I can gather, the overwhelming consensus out there seems to be that the Elos is the Ferrari of the aquarium world but I can't seem to get a good handle on the Cadlights. Most of what I've read about Cadlights is the system is great but the customer service end leaves a great deal to be desired and if you have any problems you're on your own. Elos, on the other hand, appears to have topnotch customer service support. Not sure how true the criticism of the Cadlights is and it's a truism that people experiencing problems are more vocal than those who are satisfied. On to my question - the Elos costs substantially more than the Cadlights. Does anyone have any insight as to whether that increased cost is justified and, if so, why?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    It's all personal preference. Most reefer's, in my experience, are builders and engineers by their own right. Yeah, it seem that the Elos is the Ferrari of all in one systems, but typical reefers are like the tuner builders. You can spend a massive amount on a Ferrari, and watch a guy with a Civic blow your doors off. If you just want to buy it, set it up once and have a constant help line to make sure it continues to work like the day you bought it, I would spend the money on the Elos. If you want to modify, reconfigure, customize and tinker, The Cadlight or a complete DIY build is your better option.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Everyone I know who has a Elos is happy with it. I can't say the same for Cadlight. I don't know anyone who has one but I've been quite impressed with the Finnex M-tanks when I've seen them at MACNA.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Curious Reefer
    Thanks

Finnix

Quote Originally Posted by CarmieJo View Post
    Everyone I know who has a Elos is happy with it. I can't say the same for Cadlight. I don't know anyone who has one but I've been quite impressed with the Finnex M-tanks when I've seen them at MACNA.
    Thanks for your comment. I am impressed with the Finnex30 gallon other than I would like more than 30 gallons. As far as I know, Finnex doesn't make a larger tank.

Thread Information