Thread: Simple Camera For Simple Minds

Assistant Moderator Skurvey Dog's Avatar
    Thanks

Simple Camera For Simple Minds

For the last couple of years I had used an inexpensive Kodak digital camera with a docking bay and it had enough pixels to make photos pleasing to me. After lighting struck my house, and blew out my modem and an eithernet card in my pc, I was unable to reinstall the software for the camera. (The pc has been repaired and is working properly now.) Too many upgrades on various software conflicted with the old version used for the camera and there is no known upgraded software for this camera. I finally pulled out the Sony Cyber-Shot that my daughter gave me this past Christmas and went down and purchased a 1g memory stick that would allow me to take and store up to 700 pics. (At least that's what I was told.) Wowsers. I downloaded the software and popped off about 80 pics of my tanks. I went to transfer/copy the pics and no go! I am just about to throw this flip'n camera in the trash as I am overly frustrated either through my own ignorance or camera malfunctioning. I have followed the directions using the provided USB cable, plugged into an USB port, and have the camera on the correct setting for transfer. I am also using their preferred windows operation system and other requirements. I did notice that since the program used in association could not locate the pics to be transferred, my pc did not throw up a box indicating that it recognized a newly plugged in devise. I also went into adding "scanners and cameras" and did not see any Sony products in their selection choices." I also had my daughter come over and take a look at it and she couldn't figure it out either. She said that she just pulled her memory stick out and took it and had it developed and then used pics and/or the cd to use her pics for other things. I just don't want to do that as that seems to me expensive versus what I have been doing in the past.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Will your voice count?
    One new reefer, another voice united with the many against ignorance and greed. Educate, influence, good stewardship, all in one accord to work together as a whole in saving our reefs.

"Get Reefy With It!"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Get rid of the PC, switch to a MAC. Problem solved.

Seriously, I don't know how to fix your problem, I'm sorry to say. I suppose your computer or printer does not have a slot to slip your memory card into. That would be too easy. My printer has slots for 4 different size memory cards. Slip the card in and the program automatically comes up.

Wish I could help more.
    Amphibious

Good Luck comes to those who research and prepare.

Our Talking Reef Forum The Cultured Reef Forum
    My tank journal Amphibious' 135 mixed reef.
    The Cutured Reef toll free number - 888 745-0449

Amblyeleotris randalli commonly, Randall's Goby.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I think that Sony's may have a mind of their own. My friend's camera does the same thing. If your computer doesn't have a card reader you can buy a USB card reader for <$20.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Assistant Moderator Skurvey Dog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks to both of you! I tried everything to get the pics from the camera. After I fractured the bone in my hand, well, I knew I wouldn't be taking any more pictures for a while and just got impatient. I pulled the memory stick out and went to CVS and had them burn me a CD. I hadn't realized that I had taken so many pics, as it took 2 CDs for them all. I'll have to call my pc guy and see about that reader. The darn camera has entirely too many buttons and settings and I can get so lost in there. I did find the macro setting and think I like it as that setting helped me take some close-ups. I think I am really interested in zoomed in close-up shots. I'll have to work on that. It's so fascinating to see all the beautiful details that are lost with a normal shot.

Will your voice count?
    One new reefer, another voice united with the many against ignorance and greed. Educate, influence, good stewardship, all in one accord to work together as a whole in saving our reefs.

"Get Reefy With It!"

Thread Information