Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: photos of 34g cadiff reef tank

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by street_fury View Post
    here are some photos of my lil part of the ocean .had it for about 2 years ,made many mistakes and broke every rule of keeping a reef.but here are some images to enjoy....brief history on tank ;it is bare bottom.has like 70lbs of live rocks.1/13 hp chiller,korilia 2 on top,and a korilia evolution 1050 in the bottom to clean off the rocks,sounds like alot of flow but rocks diffuse it so plants are not swaying recklessly.got a maxijet 1200 on chiller,stock smimmer and stock return pump..tank gets cleaned once a week and a turkey baster is used frequently .water parameters are nitrates 0,phosphates 0,nitrite 0.ph 8.2,ammonia 0.calcium 400. thats all i do to keep tank running smoothly,,had an outbreak of apestia ,but peppermint shrimps took care of problem,yes they work..i almost lost tank because i was so caught up with work and wife having surgury and i had no time to care for it as much and i made a silly mistake let the salanity drop too low and lost my frogspawn,,,but im back on it...mistakes are made to become perfect..so enjoy pics,will try 2 add a video soon...oh and i wanted purple algea now i have wayyyyy too much than i asked for,this thing takes over the entire tank if i dont scrape them off.also the tan looking plant was one tree ,it split into 2..now its about to slpit again,,can anyone tell me what kind of coral is it.

Thanks
    Sorry for the delay. Been so busy past month. Well V asked how was the viewing optics on tank. I would say it kind of magnify every thing from the angle viewed. But looking straight foward it looks normal. Also the clam is doing preety good so far. He gave me a run for my money. Lol the little guy would not stay still. One night he fell in the middle of the tank between a small opening. I was so pissed. At 5 am I had to move everything around just to get him out. Ughhh. So I redid tank again looks better. Placed clam all the way at the bottom of tank he likes it there sits still. Lol. With feeding I put him in a bowl and let hi eat that dts plankton then I move him back in his spot. He's stuck to a shell. So able to move it around.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Aquascaping at 5 AM can yield some interesting results!
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I have a Mexican Turbo Snail who does an awesome job cleaning the tank, but he's gotten golf ball size and is constantly knocking things over. Last night he broke the glue holding a frogspawn up and it landed on my Elegance... AGAIN. I do believe I'll be moving him to the fuge soon. I wish I had been re-aquascaping at 5am, my Ele would be a little less burned looking right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information