Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: just started prodibio dosing

Thanks

just started prodibio dosing

well yesterday was my fist dosing of prodibios biodigest, bioptim, and reefbooster.
    i fallowed the instructions and turned of my skimmers, uv, carbon and po4 reactors. the reefbooster made my tank super cloudy. when i turn my skimmer back on, there were no bubbles for about an hour. well there were bubbles but they just popped producing no skimmate. the next 3 hours my skimmer cup over flowed. hmmm i thought it was very strange. this morning the tank looked normal. ne whoo i will keep yall posted on how things are going.

latez

75g display
    55g sump/refugium
    |*****\\ARRRRRR//*****|

Thanks
    very interested. i have been looking at this and ZEO, so please keep us updated..
    Show people you appreciate there advice, click the icon under there name and give them Reputation points

Thanks
    Please post before and after pictures include the list of corals that may have been lost, or observations on corals that may have increased growth. Your observational publication will help others

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    yeah, u got the jump on robs thread to pham, with them running in series it should make for good reading from two sides of the coin!
    hows the dosing going anyways, its been like 2 months yeah!?

Vquilibrium Productions

Thanks
    mine has not progressed much.
    im getting ready to get my next set of photos taken and posted.
    so far no miracles (wasnt expecting any) but i have notices a slight improvement in coloration. dont know if they will show in the photos, but we will see
    Show people you appreciate there advice, click the icon under there name and give them Reputation points

Thanks
    any before and after pictures anyone?
    Christi

Thanks
    nah i didnt c ne miricals either, nothing worth posting
    |*****\\ARRRRRR//*****|

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pham411 View Post
    nah i didnt c ne miricals either, nothing worth posting
    same here..
    but im going to give mine some more time yet...

Thanks
    rob have you been using the reef booster? how does your skimmer react to it after you turn it back on?? i stopped using mines afer about a month and a half
    |*****\\ARRRRRR//*****|

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    its all about nutrient & dosing limitations, & peak bactera populations of the right sort that make up this product yeah! no all round product to date has shown immediate results, but u'd like to see something gained every quarter wouldn't u!
    i do see validity claims in some of the products, and im assuming u have to turn your external extracting gear off till the super strain bactera crowd out the rest! what is it in the reef booster that particulates the tank? maybe u have to add it drip style slowly of the 12 hrs period to avoid that, whats the dirrections say?

Vquilibrium Productions

Thanks
    direction says add to a cup of ro water, stir, turn off skimmer for 15 or 30 mins after adding. then add to your tank. simple enough. maybe i should try dripping with half of the recomended amout, i do drip everything else i dose. im just afraid that instead of my skimmer going nuts for a few hours, its going to go nuts the whole day if i drip it.

fyi: my def of a skimmer gone nuts:
    when your euroreef cs180 adjustable arm is on its lowest setting and water is overflowing out of the collection cup, cup after cup for an hour after the first initial half hour with the skimmer off.

rob do you have this probelm? thats y i stopped using reefbooster, i only use the biodigest and biooptium. i think the bacteria is wonderfull.
    |*****\\ARRRRRR//*****|

Thanks
    no, i do not have that problem..
    my skimmer produces extras skimate, but by your definition, its no where near that.

Thanks
    weird. wth! hmmm
    |*****\\ARRRRRR//*****|

Thanks

Prodibio

Hmmm I am not noticing any great results either I had a liitle bit of nussance Algea I was hoping the prodi would deal with looks like I will have to deal with it on my own. Rob and I started almost at the same time. I ment to ask Rob how his was going at thins point I will keep using the product unless I really start to see results I am going to stop using it. why spend the money. I did get a new salt I think is well worth the money though lol.

Thanks
    yes, i am finding the same results, or lack there of.
    i have macro algae in my fuge, no change some spots of nuisance algae, no change

i have noticed a VERY slight improvement in coral coloration, but its barely noticeable, cant catch it on film.

i am going o continue few a bit longer as i mentioned, but like labman if after a few more month there are no changes, i will discontinue use

Thanks
    Pham, Rob and Labman,

could you list exactly what components of Prodibio you're using and what you're dosing? I think there's very specific combinations that should be used in order to properly feed the bacteria that you're inoculating your tanks with. Also, in terms of coloration of the corals and lightening up of them, it's also very dose-dependent.

My husband just got back from Germany over the weekend and stopped by a LFS there that we often order from. He's a big proponent of the Zeovit and Prodibio products. I told him that I've been constantly fighting Cyano for months now and he suggested for me to use BioDigest (from Prodibio) and to combine it with ZeoStart2 (from Zeovit). But, in order for the BioDigest to do any good, they need to be fed...
    I could have used BiopTim instead of ZeoStart2, but it's much more expensive and he seemed to think that ZeoStart2 worked well in combination, so I'll give it a try.

I'm going to use the BioDigest/ZeoStart2 for the start-up of my new tank, but I'm also going to give it a shot with my current tank in the hopes of reducing the nutrients in order to get the cyano under control.
    Christi

Thanks

Reefbaby

I have using BioDigest,BiopTim and just start with the Reefboost I had just a tad of the hair Algae before I started and a couple of other nusance algae's I have been dosing the tank as discribes by prodi no more no less I have just under a 250 gallon setup after the lr is taking out of the factor. Bio Digest 1 Amp. for 1000 liters or about 250 gallons every 15 days. Bio Tim a woping 5 Amps every two weeks and reef booster I do 3 once evey week might go to 2. those are the only products I use right now I have other good product to replace the others. I do 10% water changes every week. I have noticed better corol color but that I am atributing to a new salt I am using since that is when I really started to notice that. the salt is so good I am thinking of driving 10 hours to get some one way thinking about getting a years supply since shipping is so expensive. I even had some Nitrates in my tank for the 1st time in ages nbeed to check my P04 but I am guesing they are there since the algae is. I did the zeo for a while too and well Zeo is easy to over dose. found out people are either really happy with it or not. btw I have a stright Sump no refudge just extra 50 or so gallon rubber made tub. oh also turn the skimmer off as recomended usally leave it off over nifgt the day of dosing just to be safe.

Thanks
    labman...do you by any chance measure for potassium levels? What do you keep your KH and salinity at? I'm just wondering if these are some of the criteria necessary for the prodibio supplements to work to their best ability.

i think it's good that there's scepticism...I just hope that we're all giving these products the best circumstances to work with.

btw...how long have you been dosing? also..right now my tank is 550liters. I was wondering whether if you break open an ampulle, can you save the second half for the next dose or do you have to use it all up once you open it?
    Christi

Thanks

reefbaby lol

wow you must have been waiting lol salinity is at a pretty steady 1.025 P04 llike I mentioned I haven't honestly checked in a few I will do it though I have a p04 meter so it's simple enough sure it's there though since the algea is I am thinking of getting a phosban reactor since it's also good for running all types of media though it. let see when did Rob and I start this thread think it's been 6 weeks acording to my calander I started August 10th maybe it just hasn't had enough time.

Thanks

oh

almost forgot acording to my guy and prodibio the Amp are suposed to be fully used you can over add since over dosing is diffacult but they say once the amp. is broken it should be used reight away. btw I dump mine then reince though it a few time and place it in a small rubbermade tub so I hopefully get everylast drop.

Thanks
    thanks for the info labman. hmmm...maybe you just need to wait longer. have you noticed the darker brown corals lightening up at all?

i meant POTASSIUM, not phosphate levels. From what I've read on the zeovit forum, the potassium levels are pretty important. I have never measured mine and from what I've seen, most people don't recommend it as one of the "standards" to measure for. I'm just wondering if it might actually make a difference...
    Christi

Thanks

well lets add

haven't test my potassim level grrr another test kit oh and the only big problem I am having now is several of my Zoo's and some of my Pallies have closed up I haven't figured out why. my sps is jamming though and while some are closed others are open. wish I could figure that out. I see if I can get a possaim kit. Rob lets see about getting those people from Prodibio on maybe then can shed more light. Scott the one I gave you top get the Prodibio though can help you get in contact with the company, be nice if you r french was goo though since acroding to him there english is a not so good.. lol..

Thanks
    I'm sure that Jake (Coralite) will jump in here soon...he can at least share his experience with the Zeovit stuff...
    Christi

Thanks

Jake

he a good guy met him at Imac has some good knowledge that's for sure just got ftested using my Hanna Meter on my p04 says my phos is 0.07 hmmmm

Thanks
    jake is actually in puerto rico, so i doubt he will be here..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information