Thread: Skimmer Malfuntion

Thanks

Skimmer Malfuntion

Well my skimmer decided to screw up well i was at work as a result pumping 25 gal. of water on the floor of my living room. Anyway all the new SpS corals i got died cause they were up high in the tank and left out of the water for atleast 8 hours. My questions is the live rock that was out of the water for the same amount of time. Do you think there will be much die off. I had a little ammonia spike nothing major. THe ammonia is already to the Nitrate phase so everything seems to be working. Do you think i will have any other trouble in the futer. I think that most of the rock was out of the water a little long than the corals. I did remove one piece of rock cause my tank just seemed a little crowded.

THanks,
    Eric

Thanks
    What happened with your skimmer? Doesn't it flow back to your sump? That really sounds like a mess, sorry to hear it. Are you sure everything died? Much of the corals in nature go through low tide daily, you might be able to salvage them in a QT if you try.

I would say the same thing about the LR. Some things may die but others won't and in time your reef will repair itself as if it were dry rock. Just clean off the obvious dead material so you limit the ammonia spike and call the carpet cleaner.

I think your floor will be the biggest mess to fix.

Good luck,
    Matt Colson

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 10-6
    See you in 2012

Thread Information