Thread: Fox Face Question

Thanks

Fox Face Question

I recently bought a Fox Face and he just seems to be scared to death of everything. To the point where you harly every see him, and if he is out and about and i walk up to tank he either runs and hides or get all spiked up in defensive mode. I have only had him a little over a week so it may just be that. Was just curious if anyone thought it might be something different. What i have in the tank with him if 2 Ocellaris Clownfish. 2 yellowtail damsel's, Blood red cleaner, snails hermits all that stuff, and an anemone. SOme corals to zoas xenia hammer. Im probably just worried about nothing

Thanks,
    Eric

Thanks
    Eric, is the Fox Face eating well? I have had most of my fish exhibit this same behavior after bringing them home. They are scared, in a new place and people have just handled them no telling how many times before they got to where they are going. You now have them in a "little" (compared to the ocean) box with tank mates that are not the nicest of fishy.

The yellow tail damsels are very aggressive fish and will become very dominant in a tank to the point of stressing and killing tank mates.

Thanks
    i hang a healthy amout of seaweed everyday and it is gone by the end of the day so he seems to be eating well. none of my other fish have any interest in it so he must be eating it. I have seen him come up and nibble it from time to time. That is the best thing to feed him right? As far as the yellowtails i really haven't had a problem with those two surprisingly they never paired up. I figured if they ever do that i would get rid of them but they seem to keep to themselves. they seem to be more scared of the fox face cause when he does come around the damsels are no where to be found

Thanks
    Give the fish some time and it will eventually be an "in your face" type of fish. This behavior is typical of foxfaces.
    Greg

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    How's he doing now?
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    He was out and about alot today still gets startled when he sees me but he is getting alot better

Thread Information