Thread: Toadstool relocation

Crispy Reef Monkey **MOD** Phurst's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Toadstool relocation

So I have a rock with 4 toadstool leathers on it.

I'd like to move the 3 smaller ones (one is not visible in the picture) because the large one is starting to overshadow the others. What's the best way to move them? I'm affraid if I cut them off, they'll just regrow from whatever tissue is left on the rock.

Also, what's the best way to attach them to new rocks once they're separated? I understand superglue doesn't work well on leathers, can I use the toothpick method, or is there a better way. I'd like to mount them to small-ish rocks so I can give or trade them away.

Thanks.

Thanks
    u can cut it off and attached to a rock using toothpicks and let them attach to the base within a few days.. hav u tried the xenia fragging eps on TR. u can try something similar to that. any1 else wt inputs?

Thanks
    be careful, as that method of attachment does not always work well with leathers.
    "Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil."

Abolish the IRS! Bring transparency and accountability to tax policy - close all loopholes and brings fairness to taxation. Support the Fair Tax plan... visit http://www.fairtax.org

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDubya View Post
    be careful, as that method of attachment does not always work well with leathers.
    What DOES work well?

Anyone else have any input as far as "moving" them as opposed to fragging them? If they just regrow, I'll be in the same boat here after a while.

Thanks
    Hi Phurst,

IME the base or stock of the Sarcophyton, will not regrow into a whole new one. So you could cut it off at the base, then I would rubber band it between to small chunks of lr. They should attach pretty quick, like a week or so.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lgarver View Post
    Hi Phurst,

IME the base or stock of the Sarcophyton, will not regrow into a whole new one. So you could cut it off at the base, then I would rubber band it between to small chunks of lr. They should attach pretty quick, like a week or so.
    Well, I took your advice and cut them off with a razorblade last night. As of this afternoon, the frags are extending and they look plenty happy.

First time fragging!

Thanks.

Thread Information