Thread: Anyone else dealing with this?

Thanks

Anyone else dealing with this?

My baby is no longer a baby. Today is her first day of school. I think I'm more nervous than she is. I hope the anxiety goes away soon.

I'm dreading the day she gets her drivers liscence.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    She looks Si proud of herself. Don't blink your eyes or she will be in college.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Forget about the driver's license, if the day ever comes that I do have kids and have a daughter. The day she starts liking boys is the day I am going to worry. My friend and I made a pact the day that his child is old enough to go out to a dance club, is the day we go to the doctor get some pain medication/muscle relaxers and go out there with her. By the way I am 26 and his girl is 6, so that means when I am 38 or so I will be one of those creepy old men at a 18 and over dance club.

Apprentice
    Thanks
    Hello,
    I just joined the forum tonight and was jumping around the threads. This one caught my eye, because I have been through it....many times. Five times to be exact. My youngest is 9 now....out of five daughters. Oldest is 21. You'll be fine though, but thats coming from a 53 year old grumpy ole daddy.

Good Luck,
    Gobby

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    ATTENTION ALL DADS WITH DAUGHTERS.

Now that I have your attention. I came across two books that I highly recommend dealing with the challenges of raising daughters. I wish I’d had them years ago when my daughter was young.

1. “Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters” by Meg Meeker, M.D. Subtitle, “10 Secrets Every Father Should Know”

2. “Interviewing Your Daughters Date” by Dennis Rainey. Subtitle, “8 Steps to no Regrets”.

Whether you think you need the the books or not, you need them!!! Take it from an old man.

Both can be found on Amazon. Both are under ten dollars. This is the best investment you can make toward keeping your daughters safe. Both are a fun read.

Single Mom? Get the books, both of them!

Dick
    Amphibious

Good Luck comes to those who research and prepare.

Our Talking Reef Forum The Cultured Reef Forum
    My tank journal Amphibious' 135 mixed reef.
    The Cutured Reef toll free number - 888 745-0449

Amblyeleotris randalli commonly, Randall's Goby.

Thanks
    She looks so cute!!

I have three daughters and the oldest is a sophomore in college and the youngest is J-bird who is 7, a 10 yr old daughter and a son who is a senior in high school. This was her first official year in public school and it was terribly hard to let her go. She was homeschooled until this year and it was hard to let her go. I homeschool my 10 yr old daughter Erin and wish everyday that J-bird was here.

The drivers license and boys are right around the corner but you must lay firm ground rules and stick to them. While all four are all typical kids who try to push the limits on some things, all four know they reap the benefits of flying right and doing was is expected and fear their Mother's wrath if they don't.

Good Luck Daddy and enjoy her being this age as she will try to grow up way too fast and in today's world it doesn't hurt for them to be sheltered and encouraged to be a little kid.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hi Gobby and to TR! I think that you are fitting right into the TR family here.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    Holy cow...5 girls. I only have the 1 and I no longer have an opinion..lol. They got me outnumbered. The first day of school was pretty tough for me. I think I chewed my fingernails clear to my elbow and found myself waiting at the bus stop a half hour before it got there. But I'm all good now. She really enjoys school and her new friends.

Thanks
    Just wait...cute little kids turn into TEENAGERS and beyond!

“Interviewing Your Daughters Date”
    I simply sit prospective BF's down while I'm cleaning my .45 and say..."Ya know...if anyone ever hurt my daughter, I doubt that they would even be able to ID their remains by dental records..." *rack slide for emphasis*

Our daughter (21 next month) starts UCLA next quarter as a junior, the eldest son (18) just started JC, and the youngest son (13) is in his last year of middle school...where'd the time go?
    Greg

Apprentice
    Thanks
    Yesterday 05:39 PMCarmieJo
    Hi Gobby and to TR! I think that you are fitting right into the TR family here.
    Thank you Carmie,
    Yeah...I feel like I'm getting to know some of you folks already. I hear your voices on the podcast (Dick, Rob, Bod, You, etc), it makes a difference. I really think thats what makes this forum so unique. It makes it much more alive to me.

Yesterday 06:05 PMSaltyDawg
    Holy cow...5 girls. I only have the 1 and I no longer have an opinion..lol. They got me outnumbered.
    Oh yeah Dawg...I feel ya A day don't go by where I don't trip over a hormone somewhere in the house.

Saxman
    I simply sit prospective BF's down while I'm cleaning my .45 and say..."Ya know...if anyone ever hurt my daughter, I doubt that they would even be able to ID their remains by dental records..." *rack slide for emphasis*
    I like to tell them if anything ever happened to my precious baby that I have no problem going back to prison!!! Never been there, but what the heck, it sounds good.

Those books Dick mentions are supposed to be very good, especially the first one he mentions. By the way, my name is Francis, but I go by Buddy.

Night All,
    Gobby

Thread Information