Thread: ICE CAP - A+++ in Customer Service

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ICE CAP - A+++ in Customer Service

Thousands of transactions take place on the Internet, over the phone and through e-mail. Mostly you hear about when things go wrong. Here’s a synopsis of how ICE CAP handled an order gone wrong.

Around June 1st I ordered 2 - 4’ - 4 bulb T5 retrofit fixtures and bulbs. A day later I got an invoice saying the whole order was “back ordered”. OK, this should be temporary, a few days at best, a week or two at the worst. When a month went by, about July 1st, I called and talked to Laura. She informed me that they were having trouble with a parts shipment being held by Customs. She expected it to be released shortly. Another couple of weeks went by, nothing. I called, got Melodie, she checked and informed me that the parts weren’t in yet. After venting/expressing my frustration with Ice Cap’s inability to deliver on a product that should be in inventory. Molodie said she would try to round up a couple of fixtures and the bulbs for me. On August 6th I received an e-mail invoice for the full amount plus shipping (a little over $600). The bulbs, shipped from NJ, arrived a few days later. By August 24th, 18 days later, the fixtures being shipped from CA had not arrive. Called and got Laura, she did a track and found nothing. I was really frustrated at this point because these fixtures were going into the aquaculture facility as an upgrade to replace two 4’ PCs. I was having to shift corals around every couple of days to keep them in color and health.

Well, Laura and ICE CAP came through in a BIG way. They shipped out two 4’ - 6 bulb T5s with 2 additional 4’ LED tubes inside a housing. Remember my original order was for retrofit. This at NO CHARGE plus free shipping. They arrived yesterday and I’ve got to tell you they, the light fixtures AND Ice Cap are freaking AWESOME!!!

Where are the original shipment of fixtures??? Don’t know. Bouncing around from terminal to terminal, truck to truck searching for FL.

I cannot speak highly enough for this kind of service. It is rare in todays world!!! Ice Cap gets an A+++ in customer service. Look for their products at your LFS or better yet, order them from us and get your TR discount.

By the way, both Laura and Melodie were very polite through this whole affair.

I don’t think I was too hard on them (those of you that know me, know even in anger, I’m a pretty gentle guy).

Thank you Laura, Melodie and Chris from ICE CAP!!! You guys rock!!!

Dick
    Amphibious

Good Luck comes to those who research and prepare.

Our Talking Reef Forum The Cultured Reef Forum
    My tank journal Amphibious' 135 mixed reef.
    The Cutured Reef toll free number - 888 745-0449

Amblyeleotris randalli commonly, Randall's Goby.

Thanks
    so your going to get your original order, plus a they sent you a free set of lights just for the fact you had to wait months? wow, lucky duck you are!
    we are all on the long road to our dream tanks, im going slow and enjoying the journey!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I saw the fixtures with the LEDs at ReefSmart and was.impressed!
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boyesreef View Post
    so your going to get your original order, plus a they sent you a free set of lights just for the fact you had to wait months? wow, lucky duck you are!
    I don’t think it will work out that way. The original order is lost in time and space. Ice Cap was very generous in shipping out a replacement that is a major upgrade without charge because I have corals in dire need of those lights. If the original lights land here I’m going to return them to Ice Cap unopened. Even though Ice Cap didn’t specify for me to do that, it’s the right thing to do.

True there was a SNAFU but it wasn’t Ice Cap’s fault. They took the initiative to make it right. They didn’t have to do that. They could have apologized and credited back the charge. I would have been ok with that. But Ice Cap went the extra mile for me a new customer, this being my second order. That speaks volumes for their ethics. That’s why I’m shouting praises for them.

It would be pretty crass for me to keep both sets of fixtures. I’m working on a business relationship with Ice Cap built on trust. Trust comes from always doing the right thing in all areas of life regardless of the outcome.

Dick
    Amphibious

Good Luck comes to those who research and prepare.

Our Talking Reef Forum The Cultured Reef Forum
    My tank journal Amphibious' 135 mixed reef.
    The Cutured Reef toll free number - 888 745-0449

Amblyeleotris randalli commonly, Randall's Goby.

Thread Information