Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: my 14 gallon biocube

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    I have the actual lights. A friend of mine is installing the leds into the old biocube hood so it fits nicely over the tank. I should have it installed by tuesday

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    The Hood is back on and I will be posting pictures soon. It looks really great and gives more light than the halides

Thanks
    Dont make us wait to long!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Still waiting...
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    Sorry for the wait here are a few pictures however I just acquired a pesky diamond goby and he sifts the sand so much that its constantly cloudy with sediment im not sure if he will adjust and quit being a bother but I do like him however if he doesn't stop he might have to go =/ here are they long awaited pictures but they may be a disappointment.
    Some new and old Zoanthids The digging one! Some more new and old. The tiny frogspawn became a massive 3 headed frogspawn. The smaller 2 headed frogspawn, the stony coral which I believe is a montipora but im not up to par with my coral names are both from macna and doing great. The little goby is my prized fish because I haven't killed him (Im really quite terrible with fish). The duncan which has about 6 heads but not all are visible. the little mushrooms are from my original big red shroom but there are about 6 or 7 floating about now. some more zoas and some loose xenia i glued down and then in the back is a coral who got buried by the goby se hes a bit upset I dont remember what hes called. my prized xenia collection! some of them are hidden and interestingly the true blue xenia are doing quite nicely which is rare because most of the time the true blues dont fare so well. Just a large shot of the tank some of the corals are agitated by all the sand but it will have to do for now. and thats about it. As for my new lights, they cannot be captured on camera while on, they will blind you! They run very cool and just one of the strips has twice the power of my halides and when thier all on like in this picture they make the tank glow with wonderful colors i will try and grab some shots of the hood and what was done when they are off. thats all for now folks hope the pictures where worth the wait.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    It is looking great! You really have a lot of color!
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    Thanks mate I should have those light pictures soon I have been busy with my youtube channel and finals but once summer is here I will have some more time

Thanks
    Dont be a stranger!

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    Well Im on a small break so ill tell you guys the news. Basically my goby died and im not sure why but until the upgrade im not getting any more fish because I seem to kill them all. The rest of the tank is ok I let the vine like algae grow into a massive forest just because it looks nice and since there is a huge amount of light coming in from the lights the shade cast by the growth makes little difference. The other day I spotted my elusive pom pom crab but there is still no sign of the porcelain crab. Last bit of news is that a colony of tunicates that came with one of my zoanthids is taking over and agitating the zoanthids, I dont really mind because tunicates are pretty cool and its rare that they do so well in a home aquarium so ill let em keep growing. Thats about it for now.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Sometimes I think it is just hard to keep fish in a little tank. Even a small change can make a big swing in the water parameters and stress your fish.
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    yea its a bit upsetting when a fish dies I dunno why that little yellow goby is still ok though he survives everything O.0! anyway in a few months the nano will be a Xenia aquarium and ill have a nice big 180g sps tank.

A NOTE FOR ANY STRUGGLING NANO OWNERS.

A nano is a really tough job no matter what it will always cost absolute bank to keep up. however if you really want to keep one there is a way to keep it relatively stable. 1. Weekly water changes will help the aquarium I however do not do water changes often simply because im lazy, but they do make a difference. 2. NO FRIGGIN SKIMMERS! You do not need a skimmer in a nano its overkill and all the "nano skimmers" suck wank to be honest. 3. bacteria bacteria bacteria. Seriously if you can make your bacteria happy then they will make your nano happy no need for insane gadgets and gizmos simple bacteria will do the trick right an proper. 4. Lastly if you are still struggling I would recommend using bio pellets. they often get mixed reviews but they are absolutely brilliant little things and you will see a big difference in your nano if you use them. Thats all folks nanos are a challenge even with all these things but this will make life a little easier. Goodluck!

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    Nano Update: The time has come... thats sounds too cheesy. anyway the nano has met its end something happened and everything died except that yellow goby because hes clearly the russians in WWII. ANYWAY! Im starting the new tank im ordering in all the pieces im so sorry for leaving yall hanging. Im in my senior year and starting to fall behind on my studies. But I will be 100% going through on this its about time too. Again so sorry for the suspense and I hope to see you all on my new thread which will be started today.
    Peace E

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    Im back with an update! My tank has been restored and I am now trying my hand at a lps and soft coral reef ONLY! No more attempts at sps as I dont have the equipment for sps. Here are some updates this is day 2 of adding the corals all seem happy right now but we shall see like carmie sais "only disaster happens quickly" but hopefully I will have more success!IMG_0770.jpgIMG_0769.jpgIMG_0773.jpgIMG_0768.jpgIMG_0774.jpg

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    It's good to see you back!
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    Thanks its good to be back

Thanks
    Woo Hooo....a new build. Good to see you back. I miss watching my pulsing xenia.

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    Xenia have always been my favorite! Hopefully they grow nicely so far they seem to like the tank and Im getting some nice polyp expansion. One problem I am having is that my Lawnmower blenny is starting to starve he ate all the algae in the display and I have no idea what to give him!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Send him to my house, I am battling algae. Seriously though, have you tried nori sheets for him?
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    not yet but good idea

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    I just got some seaweed and Spirulina algae tabs Im praying that he eats them but so far no interest! Its like watching a child eat you want them to eat because if they dont they are going to die JUST EAT THE FOOD!!!!

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    SO now the LMB who I named Buddha has gotten nice and fat from bi-daily feedings of seaweed and the GSP relatives are starting to spread all over their rock I see new polyps daily! everything else is static Xenias not much pulsing but a lot of polyp expansion but no growth and the zoas nothing new =p

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Glad you got him eating! Any new pix?
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    No new pics but I can take some more but there is not terribly much to see.. yet. I actually want to play a game with the community! You guys suggest a nice hardy coral (reasonably priced) for this tank and I will put it in and monitor its growth or death! BEGIN!!!
    Last edited by E the gorgonian hunter; 02-18-2015 at 08:22 PM.

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    New pics I lied and got a chalice coral they are too pretty to pass up for a 10$ frag! Also got a small red bubble algae explosion so I got a monster emerald who seems docile and goes after the bubbles but we will see!IMG_0795.jpg IMG_0796_2.jpgIMG_0797.jpgIMG_0798.jpgIMG_0800.jpgIMG_0801.jpg

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    IMG_0803.jpgIMG_0806_2.jpg The rest of the images sorry everything looks washed out in blue I had my blues on and didnt really notice the colour shift on the camera

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information