Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: my 14 gallon biocube

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by E the gorgonian hunter View Post
    i got another tank cleaning and bob is going to help me create a refugeum i also might be getting a viper but its not certain yet also bob did a 70% water change removed the 2 false bottoms (not easy) and he siphoned out the bottom of the back chambers (there is alotta gunk back there) and i redid my rock work again and thats all for now.
    I didn't do anything to your tank...lol. By the way... I'm Bob...lol

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yeah ~ he played that part on Fight Club. Since then being doing a bit more exercise and the b^tch tits have dropped considerably.

Vquilibrium Productions

Thanks
    Stop peeking in my windows. And by the way...I'm down to a B cup...lol

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    ummmmmm ok lol

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forums bud. yet another new face!

Vquilibrium Productions

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    lol, when V starts dropping jokes on your threads, you're officially in Just make sure you always follow Carmiejo and Amphibious for advice over the rest of us! Salty has helped me out of a bind or two as well!

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Just make sure you always follow Carmiejo and Amphibious for advice over the rest of us!
    Especially from me, cause it will be all fabrications of the wierdo physique that leaves you wondering weather I actually assisted at all!

Vquilibrium Productions

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    But they are so FUN V!

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Life is boring if its not i find.

Vquilibrium Productions

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I completely agree

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    So how far is this poster from ampage, cause its becoming clear, that even though you want to keep marine, your not exactly lining up first to get your hands dirty. You need an old school teaching lesson from the old man
    Dont mind the occasional spank ether just quietly- just wash your hands first !!

Vquilibrium Productions

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    well the truth is after having an extremely traumatic experience with the ocean when i was younger i fear the ocean but still love it at the same time i have ben working on getting my hand in the tank more but it still freaks me out

Thanks
    You cant make a statement like that and not tell us what happened. I had a pretty bad experience myself when I was 9 that keeps me from swimming in the ocean. My grandmother took me and my sister camping on the coast in southern Maine. We went down to the beach and my sister talked me into swimming out to a float. We were out there for a while and I was laying on my belly checking out the barnacles and watching tiny fish dart in and out when I saw my first sand shark. I screamed at my sister and she didnt believe me. When she finally caught a glimpse of it she jumped of the dock and headed for shore and she left me there. I had no idea they weren't maneaters and they were only 2 to 3 feet long. But seeing Jaws for the first time that summer didn't help. It took me over an hour to build up the guts to swim for it. I've run into bobcats,coyotes and bears over the years while camping or fishing and have never been as scared as I was that day. A couple years after the shark experience we went to a different coastal beach and needless to say, I stayed out of the water, but my sister got caught in whats called a riptide. She got sucked about 300 yards out to sea in about 30 seconds. She don't swim much in the ocean either.

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    well i was about 5 and my cousins were in the water and i thought they were playing and so i swam to them and got caught in a riptide with them and i was drowning for what seemed like an eternity but a life guard came over and saved me but i passed out the second he got me so thats why im afraid of the ocean

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    oh and also im getting the viper hqi just thought i should mention it and i will be posting before and after shots of my tank tonight

Thanks
    Cool. Is it the 70 watt? look forward to the pics.

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    yeh its 70w.
    here is the before.

here is after

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    some of the green u see is not algae its glare or sumthin the little algae left is on the rock to the far right and the rock that the frogspawn is on

Thanks
    It's a little brighter but not what I expected. Maybe the pics dont do it any justice. Also, it's hard to tell from the pics, but is that a big aiptasia center bottom of the second pic? If so you might want to nuke it before you end up with a tank full. They are good for nutrient export but will be more trouble than they are worth if want to keep corals.

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yeah rips seem to be the thorn in the side of people universally. Very good reason for that, we dont breath under water.
    Although by now, you'd think we'd have some sort of personal life saving device for everyone that goes in the ocean. Peoples priorities are just wrong on so many levels.

Anyways back to your tank.

So your trying to remove the ugliness. Given manual removal and given the same inputs, you noticed a rise in your parameters anywhere?
    The reason im asking is if the HA is consuming then, then it can become the blind blanket till you assess other area's of control.

Vquilibrium Productions

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    the shot does not do it justice at all and its not an aptasia its a strange one tho, it was the little yellow and white anemone in the first few tank pics and the ha is going away its almost 100% gone

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    i just ordered my viper hqi and it should arrive thursday. what kind of new corals can i add?

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    well i took a little trip to barrier reef and bought a sand sifting star chaeto and got 2 free frags of kenya and some kind of sps i think its some kind of branching montipora it actually opened up under my crappy lights so it should do awesome under the viper i also got a nice grow light for my fuge. the fuge its self is going to be done in one of two ways. the first is bobs friend is going to make it (he makes custom refugeums and sumps) or we r going to make it together out of some acrylic as boysreef did. so i still want to know what new critters i can house under my new lights.

Thanks
    Phew!! I thought you were saying the second pic was the new light. The mag float and sand look a little brighter in the second. Look forward to pics of the new one. Some trees grow like weeds.I flush a few weekly. As for "what corals can I put under these lights"...the question becomes...am I ready to care for the corals I want to put in there. You will be so much better off if you can bring yourself to get your hands in there yourself. What kind of test kits do you use and what are the params. Have you got a source of RO water yet? Do you have specific corals you want to keep or?

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    i have a really good test kit forgot what its called. my source of ro di water is barrier reef but eventually i will get an ro unit. i am getting my hands in the tank way more now still scary but im goin in an pullin of the little algae left actually i had to keep my hand in for a bit to re arrange my rocks cuz i was glueing the kenya to a rock i also had to move my brittle star to the back because he had murdered my little brittle star and i didnt want it killing my star fish. the before and after shots were of the tanks algae issues i was showing how much the algae had been destroyed (mwahahaha!) as for what corals, hmmm im thinking of doing easy sps but the branching more so than plating i was thinkin of birds nest cuz it looks cool and if anyone has some: xenia, montipora, acro, shrooms, zoos, acan, chalice, birds nest, finger leather, or other interesting coral frags they want to send me i would be more than happy (they dont get to much cheap frags at barrier reef).
    Last edited by E the gorgonian hunter; 03-23-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information