Thread: Random Dribble

Thanks

Exclamation Random Dribble

So my question is now this: On my 125g I use to run a dual ATS and had no algae to speak of, but my NO3 would sit at 20, which I personally thought was ok having softies, LPS, some clams and fish. Then I got the bright idea of buying a Sulfur Reactor....hahahahahahaha...not with that price. So I built my own...somehow successfully??? In two weeks my NO3 was zero, so I disabled the dual ATS. A month went by and everything was wonderful, no change in NO3, but then the hair and cyano started to come back, the cyano didn't last long but the hair got annoying...I hate scrubbing clams!!!! Now I have proceeded to set up a single ATS...two weeks have passed and the algae is falling off the walls....its crazy.....but..there is always a but...my NO3 is at 10 and holding (I think). I know there are so many possiblities....but I am thinking that the ATS is producing an unwanted nutrient which the reactor is not taking care of. Could it be phosphate, could it be my RO/DI water that sit at 5ppm, over feeding (always the problem!!!!)] sorry penelope wanted faces...
    LARRY!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Penelope knows what she is talking about!

I would guess right now that the algae that is dying off in the tank is releasing the nutrients it has sequestered back into the tank and the 2 week old ATS can't keep up with them.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    But why wouldn't the reactor take care of that? Just give it time huh? I have bigger probs now....my temps are jumping from 78-84 randomly...this freakn weather is insane....it's warmer in Cleveland than in Florida and Cali, huh???? Global warming??? Do you think I can cut out my halides for 2-3 weeks and load my tank with T5HO, 6 of them? Can anyone turn an AC unit into a chiller???... UGHHHH! School starts at the end of August for me....taking some upper-level economics classes....well, should be taking the 1st one, one semester, then the next one the next semester...but I enjoy pain and they are the only classes that fit into my insane schedule, so I'm taking them both.....joy!!! Then I'm taking an online class...Intro to American Indian History....just busy work, should be an easy A. I just hope that Obama or whoever passes those bills on the student loans,(i.e. only have to pay back 10% of them and if you are paying on them for more than 20 years they are PAID). Alright I am now rambling. oh ya I have a year after this semester.
    Last edited by CompulsiveAqua; 08-02-2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: cause im a tard
    LARRY!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    How many hours is it taking to make that much of a swing? How long are you running your MH for? Do you have a fan that you could rig to come on and blow across the water when the MH come on? Your corals really only need the bright lights to be on for about 4 hours a day. You could also time shift them to run at night when the house is cooler. Your actinics or even a cheap strip light would light the tank for you to enjoy it.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thread Information