Thread: DSB Installed!!!

Thanks

DSB Installed!!!

well got my tank all changed over to berlin method the only DIY thing i did in it was i use 1" Pvc cut it to 5 1/2" used a hole saw 10 drill out 1" holes towards the top so the snails and differnt sand critter could get through them. So none of my live rock is actually touching the sand. Here are some pictures. I also took the Bio-wheels out of that filter just running chemi-pure and the standard filter pads for it. Tell me what u think.

Here is a berfore picture:

THis Picture is shortly after the change:

Here is what it looks like now:

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    A few questions. Did you remove the sand you had in there first or just bury it with the new white argo? Will you be staying FOWLR? How long were your rocks out of the water during the conversion and do you expect a mini cycle? Since you have fish back in already, make sure you are testing the water so you don't have an ammonia spike that could kill your fishies.
    PapaMcEuin
    Family Reefer

Thanks
    PapaMcEuin 

I took the old sand out and replaced it. I used all the old water to so there should be no cycle. All the live rock was submerged in the tanks water in 5 gallon buckets. Kept the fish snails, shrimp, etc. in a 30 gallon tote. Going to get some corals when I get nitrates down. I have been testinf everything looks good

Thanks
    Eric

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    It looks good! I know the ChemiPure jar says it lasts for 6 months or something like that but it will be a source of nitrates as nitrifing bacteria will grow on it in a week or so. I think ChemiPure is a good product but I am am fan of using a couple tablespoons of carbon in a fine mesh bag or nylon stocking and changing it out every week. The ChemiPure says not to open the bag but I have done so before and used it like that with no problems.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thread Information