Thread: I am done!

Thanks

I am done!

Well, it finally has come to it. I have to admit failure and lick my wounds and go on. I have made up my mind and I think I done with keeping corals. I think I am going back to just keeping a FOWLER tank. Every coral that I have gotten has either died or not grown much to amount to anything. I am tired of spending money on something that is going to just die on me later on. I have no trouble keeping fish and invertebrates alive. I think I will start putting my money into breeding fish and maybe for a change my hobby might support itself.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Nothing wrong with a nice FOWLR tank! What kind of fish you thinking of breeding?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I agree there is nothing wrong with a FOWLR. Besides I have seen some nice FOWLR tanks.
    Ray or Raymond
    There is no elevator to success in marine tanks. You have to take the stairs.

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    Corals are nice just to much work for me. I plan on breeding banghi cardinalfish. I plan on spending my money on the setup of several breeders tanks. Then I am going to sell them back the saltwater store that I get my fish and corals from. He said that he would give me half of what he sells them for. Hopefully this will offset some of the cost associated with my saltwater hobby.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    That's awesome! With the bangaii cardinal being over harvested from its natural habitat there is a huge need for captive bred sources. I like your choice of fish to breed! Hopefully you will keep us updated on your setup and progress I would love to follow along.

Insightful Reefer
    Thanks
    If you go fowlr consider letting some green star grow all over your rock. It doesn't take anything to grow and will add lots of purple and green. If you were near Louisville I would give you lots of it.
    PapaMcEuin
    Family Reefer

Thanks
    Thank you PapaMcEuin for the suggestion. I had considered doing something like green star or Zenia. Both are pretty harder and do not require alot of babying to keep going and they grow pretty fast. I am about 20 minutes from Louisville. I could meet you somewhere in Louisville. If you want to get rid of a lot of green star. I would definitely take it off your hands for you. Just let me know I am free just about any time during the day and just about any day of the week.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I think that is a great idea! Bangaii are endangered in the wild and they are one of the easiest fish to breed! You will be ensuring that this fish continues to be available to the hobby,
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thread Information