Thread: DIY sulfur reactor

Thanks

DIY sulfur reactor

So I have been running my self-built reactor for about 2 mo. now. The thing is amazing? For having 20 fish and 40 plus corals in a 125g, I have nitrate of 0-5ppm. My tank actually looks better when I have a small amount of nitrate. Over the last two months I have had issues of clogging. For some reason the sulfur locks together in the tube and pushes up to where the water flows out then clogs, I think I have it though: Instead of having the recirculater (cant spell) push from the bottom under the blue pad, I made it stem up with 20 small holes in a pipe that goes up the center of the main tube, that way water cant be blocked. If anyone else knows what I am talking bout, or if you need more info of my reactor here is where I got it from: http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2009-01/diy/index.php (cut and paste). Any new suggestion would be great. Besides these small bumps, I would recommend this unit to everyone. I made one half the size for my 40g breeder and have no clogs and no nitrates to speak of. The total cost of material for the unit is about 60 bucks, the media is what gets you, it cost the same....60 more. 120 is not bad for a reactor that would cost me around 400 bucks online. Other than that it is strange that no matter what flow rate I put the reactor at the nitrates coming out of it are always 0....can anyone explain that one to me?? Or should I not question some thing as good as that????lol.
    LARRY!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I haven't used a sulfur reactor so I don't have any advice to add. If you have a picture of the mod you made that could be helpful to other folks.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    Oh thanks anyway....it was turned off for 4 days, so I fed it through the top (where I would relieve gas)(not that kinda gas) and checked my NO3 in the tank and it was 0...something is working...dont know how I turn off the filtration and my NO3 goes down...that is strange...but i'll take it....I think my tank has finally aged.
    LARRY!!!!

Thread Information