It sounds like that is the kind of LFS that values you as a repeat customer. Once your experience confirms that make sure you let other people know.

My one time favorite LFS was sold. I had a gift certificate that was bought before the store changed hands that I had been saving for something special. (My husband has been laid off for over a year and I am only buying necessities for my tanks.) Even after it changed hands I was in this store every couple weeks and bought most of my supplies there. Imagine my surprise when I went to use the gift certificate and the new proprietor refused to honor it. She said that they were only being honored while the original owner was involved with the store. There was never a notice posted at the store or on our local forum. Later I ran into the original owner and he said it was in their sales agreement that she was to honor all gift certificates for a year. You can bet that I have told everyone I know to avoid Down Under since they don't value their customers.