Thread: Bewilderment

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Bewilderment

So I have been traveling to every lfs around me, I have been looking at others tanks, looking through general searches on google, etc etc and I am at a loss for another fish to add. I have a yellow wrasse, clown goby, purple fire fish and an osceallis clown( pardon my spelling) and am lost as to what to add next. I would like a good sand sifter as to work my dsb. Beyond that my only other though is a black and white clown. So I am stumped and looking for some good ideas. Please help. I have a 40 gallon tall.

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    ive got to start paying more attention to your conversions. Cause realisticly ive been caught with my pants down of late in the negligence department, giving a fist full of free advice that i shouldn't even be giving cause the dimensions are too small.

so, that brings us to you...... 40gal is 150lt. you have 4 fish & how many corals?
    now when you say its a 40gal high, what does that mean?

Vquilibrium Productions

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Measurements are 30x12.5x25.5. I have yellow polyps, button polyps, 3 misc mushrooms, 2 Kenya trees, green cntr candy cane coral, 2 frags of zoas and 1 colony of zoa. Yeah it's been awhile since you have chimed in for me v.

SPS Reefer / TR Admin lReef lKeeper's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    maybe try some kind of jawfish ??
    lReef lKeeper (Bobby) Admin and Reefer

Water ...
    Custom 4x2x1 60 gallon, 40B sump

Equipment ...
    6x54w HO T5 fixture, 300+g rated Frankenskimmer, ATO, 3 Media Reactors (1 p04, 1 N03, 1 Carbon)

www.lmas.org

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    yeah it has been alittle bud. So much to see, so much to do, you know how it goes.
    But im here in spirit. & by that I mean I passed wind in the hallways & if you can still smell me, then so be-it! lol

If it were mine i wouldn't get another to be honest, & see how they grow out. But if your still mustard for more fish, then stick to smaller varieties, You have alot of ground hugger corals say minus the kenya, an besides the wrasse, most of your fish would hang around the rockwork so id even say give the top zone some attention.

Id be curious as to the temperament of your clown though, cause that would dictate long term success, however my suggestion would be a yellow assessor & stop with that untill the time came to upgrade.

Vquilibrium Productions

Thanks
    just to chime in, if you're running a DSB, the last thing you want to do is disturb it, not to mention that "sand sifters" will strip the sandbed of the beneficial fauna you're trying to promote.

that being said, i like the idea od an assessor...maybe get a blue one since you have a yellow wrasse already.
    Greg

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    always on the money sax

ahhh, the blue mac, yeah given the wrasse- thats thinking....... Kay, what he said..lol

Vquilibrium Productions

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    and i do really like the look of those thanks. i think the upgrades of my lights have ticked off my yellow wrasse. he hasnt been seen in a couple days. checked the floor and no sign but that might not be good either considering i have cats that LOVE to watch the tank and paw at it hoping they can get in. so hopefully no loss there cause i do really like him, he has dissappeared before so i am hoping i am just missing him. so what are some good suggestions for corals then v and saxman? i have about 144watts going into the tank from t5s placed about 4 inches off the surface. what do you think would be some good taller corals would be? also i am not seeing my candy cane coral extend its tentacles yet. i saw him do it the other day but not since then. keep trying to feed but nothing is working yet. any suggestions?

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    try a toadstool maybe, big without getting too big

Vquilibrium Productions

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Have you tried blowing the detritus off the rocks? My candy cane always extends its tentacles when I do that.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Carmie should I put it in direct flow or something more indirect?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mine is in indirect flow. It is kind of right below the Koralia so maybe it gets an updraft?
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    what do you spot feed and when exactly do you do it? this one is new to me and what i have read about them i am doing but i like the advise i get from people who own then versus some internet article.

Thread Information