Thread: V, This One's for You!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    That is one HUGE bear!
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    haha, ladies man ampage. good on ya forest gump

i love it, only in america, trip over a bear & knock it into the next next world...um, so what now, hmmm....i know, i'll stuff it!!!

Vquilibrium Productions

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Speak of the devil...

“Needed camel drivers with boats and $$$”

February 5, 2010 at 7:02 am

Australia is swamped by camel orders and the numbers keep going up
    After many Nature and news correspondents wrote about the million wild camels up for slaughter/culling in the Outback of Australia Australian producers are being swamped with requests for live camels and camel meat, especially from the Middle East, after a soaring wild population prompted a government cull, companies said.
    There have been hundreds of requests but no ship to transport them. The transport fees make the cost very high.
    Strong foreign demand could save camels from being culled, but warned that the animals were too tall for conventional ships used to carry cattle. Who has ships that could transport these camels?

Left unchecked these feral camels will negatively impact on the environment
    Camels feed on more than 80% of the available plant species. Degradation of the environment occurs when densities exceed two animals per km squared, which is presently the case throughout much of their range in the Northern Territory where they are confined to two main regions: the Simpson Desert and fringing pastoral properties, and the western desert area comprised of the Central Ranges, Great Sandy Desert and Tanami Desert.

Some traditional food plants harvested by Aboriginal people in these areas are seriously affected by camel browsing. While having soft-padded feet makes soil erosion less likely, feral camels do have a noticeable impact on salt lake ecosystems, foul waterholes and destabilise dune crests which contributes to erosion.
    The current population is doubling approximately every nine years and there is evidence that impacts will increase along with the population. The significant damage that camels have done, and are currently doing, to the fragile ecosystems, cultural sites, isolated communities, and pastoral enterprises of desert Australia has gone largely unnoticed by the bulk of Australia’s population.

The effects on built infrastructure may be severe, as camels may sometimes destroy taps, pumps and even toilets as a means to obtain water, particularly in times of severe drought. They also damage stock fences and cattle watering points. These effects are felt particularly in Aboriginal and other remote communities where the costs of repairs is prohibitive.
    The problem with invading camels searching for water has become great enough that the Australian authorities have planned to eradicate as many as 6,000 camels that has become a nuisance in the community Docker River, where the camels have caused severe damages in their search for food and water.

Vquilibrium Productions

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    ...um, so what now, hmmm....i know, i'll stuff it!!!
    Eat the meat first then you could stuff it. Its better than wasting it.
    Ray or Raymond
    There is no elevator to success in marine tanks. You have to take the stairs.

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    lol, can you even eat bear, i know doing pooper scooper duties and all numbs the senses little bud,(haha) but thats kinda weird, eating yogi bear

Vquilibrium Productions

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    lol, can you even eat bear, i know doing pooper scooper duties and all numbs the senses little bud,(haha) but thats kinda weird, eating yogi bear
    Yep you can, you could eat anything in this world just about. That is the reason most people go hunting for is to eat the meat of the animals. Very rarely you will find a hunter that only hunts for trophy's and frankly I think hunters like that need to get the heck out of hunting. People like that give us True hunters a bad name and I don't like it. I have hunted for, deer, bear, duck, quail, and more lots of fishing too. Anything I kill I eat. I have heard bear is really good and is awesome in a stew. Even though I have hunted for bear I have not got lucky enough to get one. Hunting is a way of life and without it I would not eat much and starve most of the time because I dont have money for half the stuff in the store. Heck I even grow my own veggies.

If you ever get the chance to eat bear meat V I would go ahead and try it. Its worth it.
    Ray or Raymond

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Truth be told, I never heard of eating camel. But, Yogi, Bambi, Arnold (the pig in Green Acres), Thumper, and there must be a cow and chicken in there too, just because they are on TV doesn't mean they aren't good to eat.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CarmieJo View Post
    Truth be told, I never heard of eating camel. But, Yogi, Bambi, Arnold (the pig in Green Acres), Thumper, and there must be a cow and chicken in there too, just because they are on TV doesn't mean they aren't good to eat.
    Amen to that!! Actually I have seen a camel on TV but its in cigarette commercials. lol You still have to wonder how camels taste though.
    Ray or Raymond

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Ok. attention all independent film lovers

Just finished watching a remarkable documentary titled SALT.

Ozzies by the name of Murray Fredericks & Michael Angus produced it at an extremely remote location about 1200km north west of my position. Way out in the middle of no man's land. or maybe, that is the outback

They are showing it at the

Ann Arbor Film Festival
    23rd to the 28th March 2010 downtown Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA

Ashland International Film Festival
    April 8 - 12 2010 in Oregon, USA

This is the link to the Doco http://www.saltdoco.com/index.htm

And this is Murry's portfolio web page http://www.murrayfredericks.com.au/index.asp?id=home

If your in the area, If times available Id recommend you take the time to see it.

Vquilibrium Productions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information