Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: so i have a question for discussion

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yeah, I've worn that disposable clothing at the doctor's office and find it lacking.
    Carmie

Only disasters happen fast!

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CarmieJo View Post
    My hubby and son do all the cooking and I do laundry. They like to cook. I don't like to cook but can if I have to. To tell you the truth I don't like to do laundry either but someone has to.
    lol If we could find a way to make a robot to do all of our chores than life would be great.
    Ray or Raymond
    There is no elevator to success in marine tanks. You have to take the stairs.

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    haha i love you all. you all crack me up. i think so far me and my wife get along with how things are done. it goes like this, i want something= i go get her something she wants so when i get what i want i dont hear anything about it. when i want something big= she gets something with diamonds. so i dont feel so bad thinking i might have the luck of a tank exploding and leaking water over everything since you 2 ladies have done it. so i dont recommend wearing doctors "clothes" or robes or sheet you drape over yourself out in public unless you want everyone staring at all you've got to offer. but inexpensive throw away after you wear them clothes would be great. i try to do my part on laundry but hate it so i take care of the kitchen most time. sometimes i slip due to my work. my average work week is about 55+ hours so it gets to me at times. but thats life. so do you ladies have any recommendations on corals and fish for my new setup?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    So, now that we are totally lets try to focus.

I guess it depends upon what you want to get out of your tank. I am partial to LPS corals and don't think a tank is complete without an Euphyllia.
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Show people you value their advice! Click the STAR icon at the bottom of the post to add to their reputation.

Thanks
    I love the Toadstools!!
    Since this is new to you, I would start out with "easy" fish such as percula clowns, gobi or even chromis.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hahahahahahahaha more often then not when reading through most peoples threads it very rarely ever stays on topic.But I think that is half the fun of it. I do really like the euphillyia. I think my problem is I love it all but know it all can't be put together. What are some of the fastest growing but easy to frag? I might look into doing another tank as a frag tank to finance my dt. Any suggestions on what tank to use? And any suggestions on corals?

Our Brotha Down Unda
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    chromis require stable parameters, easy fish to keep, but irronicly they can be subjectivly sensitive.

don't think a tank is complete without an Euphyllia.
    I would agree with that, its the movement. Sticks with mini mouths are sweet & all, but tranquility comes in waving branches..lol

Vquilibrium Productions

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaymanager View Post
    What are some of the fastest growing but easy to frag? I might look into doing another tank as a frag tank to finance my dt. Any suggestions on what tank to use? And any suggestions on corals?
    I think one of the fastest growing and easiest corals to take care of and frag are zoe's. They grow like crazy, some look very beautiful. Fragging is easy but they are a little toxic when cutting them they squirt out juice/water with the toxins in it, so wearing cloves and safety goggle's is a must (also washing your hands really good with bacterial soap after you frag them). For a frag tank I would say like a 20 or 40 breeder... Just about any tank can be one its just the building of the racks and stuff that makes it a frag tank. Some other corals could be any soft coral, some LPS, and of course zoe's and poly's. HTH
    Ray or Raymond
    There is no elevator to success in marine tanks. You have to take the stairs.

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Ricordia and other mushrooms are pretty fast growing. Like zoas they come in a rainbow of colors and some fetch a good price. Even the plainer ones are hot commodities at frag swaps.
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I like all of those too. I am probably make that my first project cause I want a bigger dt and if I can fund it doing something else I enjoy than best of both worlds in my opinion. What is everyones opinion of which is the best skimmer to use? It will probably be a hob skimmer so what suggestions do you all have?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I have not used an HOB skimmer but I think that the Aqua C Remora and CPR Backpack both have a good reputation.
    Carmie

Carmie's 54 Corner Tank
    Carmie's Cube

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Anyone else got an idea about a hob skimmer? And what all am I going to need to set up a frag tank in everyones personal opinions

SPS Reefer / TR Admin lReef lKeeper's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaymanager View Post
    if I can fund it doing something else I enjoy than best of both worlds in my opinion.
    ha ha haaaa ... not to be a downer, but that probably wont happen. unless you have some of what everyone out there wants. im sure it will help out SOME, but it highly doubtful that it will completely fund a new tank build. chalices are a very hot coral right now, but you have to buy the frag and grow it out before you can get your money back on the ones that go for $200-4$1500 per 1/2"-1" frag. some of the high end zoas bring a pretty penny, but again, you will have to get a frag and grow them out enough to make anything off of them. ive seen some zoas go for more than $50 per polyp, so there is money to be made, you just have to spend the money to make any of it back.
    lReef lKeeper (Bobby) Admin and Reefer

Water ...
    Custom 4x2x1 60 gallon, 40B sump

Equipment ...
    6x54w HO T5 fixture, 300+g rated Frankenskimmer, ATO, 3 Media Reactors (1 p04, 1 N03, 1 Carbon)

www.lmas.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information