Thread: Chocolate Yellow Mimic & Tomini Tang Info

Thanks

Chocolate Yellow Mimic & Tomini Tang Info

Hey Tangbusters....

I love these fish and was thinking about having one of the two smaller ones in my tank. Its a 75g (48" long) but am thinking this may not be adequate room for even these smaller of the species. I know these beuaties need swimming room so let me know what you all think.

Cheers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Dont know much about them but heres some info on them that i could find.

Flame Fin Tomini Tang - Quality Marine Life

Raymond
    Ray or Raymond
    There is no elevator to success in marine tanks. You have to take the stairs.

Raymond's 30 gallon tank
    Raymond's 60 gallon tank

Show people you appreciate their advice! Click the star icon under their name to add to their reputation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbl_nk View Post
    Hey Tangbusters....

I love these fish
    and was thinking about having one of the two smaller ones in my tank. Its a 75g (48" long) but am thinking this may not be adequate room for even these smaller of the species. I know these beuaties need swimming room so let me know what you all think.

Cheers!
    LMAO!!! Tangbusters!!! We do that for a reason (you already know this but, there are newbies that will read this). To keep newbies from making mistakes that ultimately kill thousands of inappropriate fish in too small of aquariums.

Falling in love is the easiest thing in the world to do but, can lead to disaster if not kept in perspective and under control. I speak from experience, both in the people and the aquatic world.

Getting to your question. Housing one of these less aggressive tangs in your 75 might be okay. Having one would restrict what other fish you keep in the same tank. No other Tangs! No other fish that is borderline in size requirements. One mistake made frequently is, inexperienced hobbyists will see that a fish has a tank size requirement of (as an example) 75 gal so, they think that having 5 or 6 fish with that requirement is okay. NOT SO!!! Keep things in perspective and you will have fewer disasters.

Dick
    Amphibious

Good Luck comes to those who research and prepare.

Our Talking Reef Forum The Cultured Reef Forum
    My tank journal Amphibious' 135 mixed reef.
    The Cutured Reef toll free number - 888 745-0449

Amblyeleotris randalli commonly, Randall's Goby.

Thanks
    Dick,

Thanks for the help. I think I'll have to pass on the Tangs, but if you didn't ask, you'd never know I think Tangs and Clowns are the worst marketed fish in this biz. With Tangs, they are so mesmerizing and I've had plenty of LFS employees suggest a Tang to get rid of algae without even asking the tank size, knowing that they are very skittish, prone to parasitic infections and need running room. With Clowns, thanks to Nemo and everyone under the sun gettting these and realize they jump into the hobby too quick, only to be those that get out in less than a year....I would really love to see more LFS's take part in a more conscientious approach to selling fish instead of just turning and burning to make a buck.

Thread Information