View RSS Feed

Pootsnickers Tank

June 28th the Cycle

Rate this Entry
Ok well my tank is a 55 gal long tank with a 20 gal sump. I have a mag 7 return pump, a 16 watt Uv filter, a skimmer, phosphate reactor,auto topoff, pinpoint ph meter, and a RK lite controller. Lighting consist of 4, 48 inch VHO 2 actinic white, and 2 super actinic from a Icecap ballast. I Have 40lb of base rock and 50lb of live rock , and 80lb of live sand. I started this tank back in April of 2009 and had it cycled by August of 09, then moved and all my rock and sand sat in a Brute can for 8 months.. so now its back up and running and I hope is starting to cycle again....

PH: 8.1
Alk: 3.6 Milli or 8 meq/l
Nitrite: 0-0.1
Nitrate: 5
Ammonia: 0
Total Ammonia: 0
Calcium: no test yet
Mag: no test yet
Phos: no test yet

I have been adding some instant Ocean food to the tank I am thinking maybe its not enough to get the cycle going, tried to get a shrimp but the place was out at that time and haven't got back yet. I Really need to go get a shrimp...... my alk is a bit high need to test the Calcium will try tonight. dont have a Mag or Phos something eles I need to buy, but it will have to wait as I am broke. picking up my daughter in NH for the month 3 round trip tickets OUCH........ she will not be happy with me as I told her the tank would be ready and she can go pick out a fish when she is here. have the qt tank just not set up yet....

Submit "June 28th the Cycle" to Digg Submit "June 28th the Cycle" to del.icio.us Submit "June 28th the Cycle" to StumbleUpon Submit "June 28th the Cycle" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Tank Journals

Comments