View RSS Feed

nb2229

HELP!!! my LR turned brown

Rate this Entry
New tank 3 weeks old. OK so I decided after a week of having my LR in the tank to do a maintanance cleaning the Rena XP2 and flush things with top water and I did not replace the microfiltration pad because i did not have one. Withing a few hours things started looking dark orange to rust brown. This moring I added about 5 G of new saltware (coralife) and check the filter again just in case was not working, but now the tank looked ever worst than yesterday. See attached pictures. let me know if this is brown algea and what should I do to fix the problem.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00832.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	244.2 KB 
ID:	4669   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00833.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	244.3 KB 
ID:	4670  

Submit "HELP!!! my LR turned brown" to Digg Submit "HELP!!! my LR turned brown" to del.icio.us Submit "HELP!!! my LR turned brown" to StumbleUpon Submit "HELP!!! my LR turned brown" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Details if you can please. Also, what tank size, what does your stand look like and does it have room for a sump rather than a canister filter. Your tank is 3 weeks old, you can expect this to happen. You should have no corals or fish yet so this should be ok, just part of the full cycle process. Anyway, provide more details on your setup and equipment. Also what tests have you done and what are the results.