View RSS Feed

V

V'spec PowerCube - Empowering the Artform (PT 3)

Rate this Entry
Test Fitting Stage

This is always the fun part. Admittedly its hard to do, cause you need the scientific approach & special order tape to bind it up & hope like #$^& it doesn't come apart..lol Nice to see i haven't lost my sense of humour.

The ground wasn't fully level at the time, however this is just a dry fit to see spacing, fitments & tolerances. Standard procedure.

My Box will be displayed from this angle, so essentially on its side so to speak. It looks great ether way actually, however unless i'st sitting low mount or on the floor, in my application at least, i wont be able to see or reach the switches with ease. Considering how sweet the actual switches are & the friggen cost of them, it would almost be a crime not to see em.

I've definitely done my homework though. Sourced components are coming in from all over the country side. This example is one of the LED 6 gang switch's that will make up the top.

The V'spec PowerCube is designed for 10 inputs,(hard-wired in my case), 12 button LED switch controls, 12v or 240V adaptable timer units, RCD's or RCBO's (GFCI -America, Trip switches -UK ), Sweet Positive, Negative & Earth display power rails, inboard light effect LED lighting up the pyramid faces and one bad @ss color scheme to match the design.

So as always - Continuation final prep work and into the paint shop will happen during the week. More to follow folks

Submit "V'spec PowerCube - Empowering the Artform (PT 3)" to Digg Submit "V'spec PowerCube - Empowering the Artform (PT 3)" to del.icio.us Submit "V'spec PowerCube - Empowering the Artform (PT 3)" to StumbleUpon Submit "V'spec PowerCube - Empowering the Artform (PT 3)" to Google

Updated 03-07-2010 at 01:39 PM by V

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Tank Journals , DIY Projects

Comments

As always with your projects, i am somewhat lost, but still really excited to see what it ends up being

Sweet looking stuff man
    Thanks bud.
    All will become apparent soon enough
    And i thought that my projects were time consuming . . .

You and you mate did an awesome job so far
    Its looking good V cant wait to see it finished. The color light scheme is going to be awesome.
    Rost, my projects take some time, cause a) im lazy, B) im lazy being lazy & C), im on sh^t money at the moment.

Ray, That should be your trademark saying bud..lol
    Im looking forward to the buttons on inital light up, these things are sweeeeeeeet!
    What? The looking good par or I cant wait to see it finished. lol I am simple minded and that is the most logical thing to say. LOL
    Holy crapola man, you’ve got some serious skills, bud! Looking forward to this build.
    ive got everything except the power rails, the chinese have stalled on my request for new samples. Admittedly they have been in holiday mode of late.

The unit isn't painted yet ether, the delay on the above has stopped it for one, & my mate mentioned no new back yarder projects are allowed in the spray booth till the boss comes back from holidays. Too much product was getting lifted apparently.
    Update: Unit is primed, & the power rail guys in asia just came back from holidays, so given travel times, hopefully i can see the rock up toward the end of next week
    Awesome I cant wait. This is one sweeet project.
    2 more days & the funky power rails arrive.
    I set everything up through the buisness in order to secure them, or else there would have been no chance walking in off the street so to speak.

Hopefully dry fitment of the components can be achieved this weekend some time, although the 2nd job thing is killing my free time.
    - so final cutting & modification will be needed to seat everything flush. OCD issue's remember, so its got to be perfect

Then its down to three final stages....

• Electrical inspection & cert to ensure it complies
    • Disassemble, Final paint + hazzard sticker allocations, then Reassembly
    • Outer perspex with nylon locking mechanisms to enclose the box leaving access for the switches.