View RSS Feed

Small Fry

Small Frys 120 Update!

Rate this Entry
Well, i've had the chaeto in my system for about two weeks now, and have been overskimming and doing water changes like mad.

I am now happy to report that my nitrates went from 20ppm to 5
I did spot some aptasia in the chaeto that i was given, so i ended up throwing about 60% of it out... In hindsight, i should have FW dipped it when i got it (but i wanted the critters from it in my tank :s), or i should have FW dipped it once i noticed the aptasia and then put it back in my tank...

Either way i can always get more.

The mushrooms that the guy gave me are doing really well in my tank. I have them on the sand now cuz i dont know if i want them spreading everywhere, but my gf really likes them, so i might give them a rock on the sand to isolate them and let them grow... I just want to have the option of moving them if something changes...

So anyways, in light of the good parameters and a big paycheck, i went shopping

I bought
-1 percula clown, so my other is not alone anymore
-5 Lyretail anthias
-1 Yellow Tang

-30 tiger trochus snails
-15 nescarious snails (honestly don't remember the sp.)
-20 blue legged crabs

-1 medium sized blue maxima clam
-2 cleaner shrimp
-1 fairly large torch coral
-2 zoo colonies
-4 acro colonies, blue, pink, green, Neon Green/Blue

A fellow member on my local reefing site got out of the hobby so i got all of this for a ridiculous price. YEY savings

Plans for the future->
- Eventually i think i am going to fill in the hole in my fish room flow so i can put in another tank. Same size as my current sump, but will be used for propogation, fuge, and turf algae scrubber (only two sections needed in the actual tank, scrubber above).

- When i add the second tank i will most likely change the overflow plumbing to flex tubing, instead of hardline. This just because i don't believe that two 2.5" PVC overflow tubes should be overpowered by one mag12 pump...

I think that is all for now, later all

www.talkingreef.com/forums/member-tank-projects/1916-small-frys-120-a.html

Submit "Small Frys 120 Update!" to Digg Submit "Small Frys 120 Update!" to del.icio.us Submit "Small Frys 120 Update!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Small Frys 120 Update!" to Google

Comments

Just kidding about all of the livestock additions lol, how many of you were polishing up your "too much too fast" speech... Admit it..........

www.talkingreef.com/forums/member-tank-projects/1916-small-frys-120-a.html

There's the link to my old thread... I keep forgetting it...
    Sounds good.
    LOL, I read that list and said "WOW!"
    lol carmie, that's what i was going for

I was expecting V to have posted some words of wisdom before i even got a chance to say i was kidding
    lol that's V for you never there when you actually want him to be.
    haha, true. Ive only just made an entrance now. But thats why they call them random drive-by's, You never know where i'll strike next

I'll give you words of wisdom, If it starts with V, ends with V and doesn't move when you poke it with a stick, then its a malfunctioning spiderbot trying to hide from the collective and you shouldn't trust it anyways.

Glad to see your trates are on the decline. exclusively water changes for awhile yeah, considering you just piffed over half of your export duties..lol