View RSS Feed

Rostr02

Rostr02 tank blog II

Rate this Entry
So since I screwed up on the first one and could not figure out how to fix it here goes the second try.

Well finally the time has arrived that I get to start my tank build. It has been a long time coming and I am so eager to get started again. So to start I will have a 90 gallon reef tank filtered by an ATS, and hopefully it is the only filter that I will need. But, if not I have my protein skimmers standing by. Also I have my sump under the DT which the ATS will be perched on top of, as well as have my refugium that will be set up as well. Plans for the DT are a 5 in sand bed and mostly just a coral tank with a very small amount of fish actually going to make their way into there.

Now it is time for the pics

Here are some shots of the office/ fish room, first is the cabinet I built into my wall and temporary place for electric fire place, the next is the shot you see from the hall, and finally the cedar lined closet

Well time for the fish part of the room

Well you all can guess what the rest of the pics are, currently there are 2 korlalia 3's for water movement and 2 temporary heaters in place, all of the rock currently in the tank was from my old setup and has been dried for 4 years, I did go to the LFS today and got myself a few pieces of rock to seed the tank with.
Oh this is not the final aquascape either, I realized that I want some more branch rock.

Well thank you all hope you like the home remodel project as well, wish I had some before shots of the room it was pink panther pink walls ceiling carpet, everything!!

Thank you all for looking
Bob

Submit "Rostr02 tank blog II" to Digg Submit "Rostr02 tank blog II" to del.icio.us Submit "Rostr02 tank blog II" to StumbleUpon Submit "Rostr02 tank blog II" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Its looking great, I cant wait to follow along.
    id make a stable base for the unit on the upper left of your tank, i saw legs only, & a computer due east..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by V
    id make a stable base for the unit on the upper left of your tank, i saw legs only, & a computer due east..lol
    V that is my fuge that you happen to see, i am going to build shelf towards the bottom but needed to get the fuge up there just so I could do some prelim plumbing, i am awaiting my pumps to come in to finish all of that

And yah the computer is to the right of the tank, makes it a more tranquil environment for me while I work. but, also a very good distraction.

Well so far as tests go today after having the tank with water in it for 2 days
    temp 84.4
    ph 7.88
    ammonia 0.25
    i like the feature wall colour, although its not really a feature wall if its everywhere i guess i like your wall colour then.
    i like the feature wall colour, although its not really a feature wall if its everywhere i guess i like your wall colour then.
    Thanks V, I like it as well

Well tank update time.
    2/7/10
    temp 83.1
    ph 7.92
    ammonia 0.5
    nitrate 100
    mag 1470
    alk 5.71
    DKH 16
    CA 50

I have had some temp fluctuations as I re-plumbed my sump, well actually replaced the old sump. Hopefully they will stabilize now. Should have checked my calcium earlier but since they is nothing in the tank but rock and sand I really did not feel the need. I am awaiting some more rock from marcorocks, thanks carmie I can't wait to try it out. The only thing that I need to complete at this time is to finish my ATS as I await some acrylic glue. I got everything wired so far as well as got my halides hung, the fuge plumbed and lit.

Found the first tank critter a few days ago while looking at the tank at night. Do believe that it is a spaghetti worm all 8 arms of it, per lionfish lair, hard to get pics of it though. It is fun to watch as it is the only critter I can seem to find at this time.

Thanks for looking
    Bob
    Forgot to mention that I did dose 30ML of ocean blend calcium part 1 & 2 today after I saw what my calcium was. Thanks Dick for the order!
    100 nitrate, how many time i told you, macdonals isn't apart of the feeding scheme

thanks for the update
    100 nitrate, how many time i told you, macdonals isn't apart of the feeding scheme

thanks for the update
    Not macdonalds V, it was red lobster one of the cocktail shrimp from my plate. Well in all honesty it was in there for 3 days after my cycle produced very minimal ammonia after putting in a pinch of flake food. Although the spaghetti worm is enjoying the levels nicely and probably the only thing that could

Thanks V for the post

Everything is coming along nicely still awaiting some rock then I can start to aquascape the tank

Bob
    Well haven't updated this in a while. So at this point the aquascaping is finished as well as the tank cycling. The fuge is all setup and today the only tank inhabitant I had just got some new friends. New order came in from reefcleaners today. Got my snails and macro. Also received from weld-on 4 acrylic glue. So finally I can get the ATS all glued up and finished,

I will post pics up soon

Bob
    Well over the weekend I picked up a few corals, GSP, frogspawn and some zoas. Everything looks great the zoas are still a little sluggish opening but about 90% are open now. From the pics I think the zoas are a orange eagle eye,.

Bob
    Awesome sounds like everything is going great. I cant wait to see the pics.