Conversation Between saltaddict and Amphibious

25 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Hi Rhonda,

This is very strange. It is possible you are getting better return flow. Can you throttle down the return line?

This is funny - "licked it to make sure it tasted like salt!!". You are hilarious!

Dick
  2. I was too tired to even think about the tank today. It took all I had to get though school work with the little ones, clean bathrooms and do laundry and cook.

Okay, do you think that maybe since I replaced the return line in the overflow box with pvc, (it was vinyl tubing), that maybe it is getting better return flow than before and that could be the reason the drain doesn't seem to be able to keep up?

When I had the tank apart, I completely removed the drain line and cleaned it - licked it to make sure it tasted like salt!! All fittings and bulkheads were cleaned and the line is new and I can see through it and I don't see any obstructions.
  3. Good Morning,

I'm feeling better, thanks. Seems as though you have a blockage or restriction somewhere in the overflow, drain pipe or somewhere in the flow through of your sump. I was going to look at your album just now and it's missing. Was hoping to look at your sump and see if I could determine anything.

Call me if you want.

Dick
  4. Morning!! I hope all is well and you are feeling better.

I have a question. Story in front of it.

I removed the drain and return pipes from the over flow and cleaned all the nasty out. I replaced the return line with pvc, (it was plastic tubing).
    I hooked up the pvc plumbing under the tank and had the sump in. After I filled all and started it up the return chamber on the sump would not keep enough water in it. The pump started smoking and smelling.
    I have never had an issue of not being able to keep a steady water line in the sump. The water line in the tank is much higher than normal and much higher than my comfort level.
    Why isn't it dumping in the overflow like normal and making it's way down where it belongs.

I took everything out from under the tank last night around midnight, replaced all pvc piping back to tubing and so on. The sump is holding a little more water but it is still a couple of inches under normal and the tank is still too full.

Any ideas>
  5. Okie dokie??? Your showing your age, my dear. I don't know how you cut yourself scraping silicone. Your supposed to cut it toward you but, NOT WITH A SHARP KNIFE. There's a tool for that job that is a hook and while it doesn't get it all out, the tool won't send you on a Med run.

I hope your OK.

Dick
  6. Okie dokie!! I just got back from getting stiches in my wrist. Long story short, I was scaping silicone and I was cutting towards myself and of course the blade slipped. I know, you should always cut away but I thought I could get away with it.

Fun day.
    Take Care
  7. Hm, not so sure about that BUT, it's okay for you to think so.

Dick
  8. You are never wrong....
  9. When you had the "brain event" and accidently deleted three messages, they disappeared from my space, too. Shame on you, you are a naughty girl and deserve a spanking. Not knowing which message was your favorite, I'll guess it went something like.

"You are so easy to love"

If I'm wrong, then I'll never say it again. If I'm right, you could expect to see reference to it from time to time when you do or say something that endears my heart.

Dick
  10. During a brain wave, (actually something else), I accidentally deleted three messages and one of them was my favorite. I want it back!!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 25
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast